2. Adoption of Confluence by business users needs adifferent approach from the early adopters in the ITdepartment. #summit12
3. Head Heart Hand
4. 1. What is Kick Ass Collaboration?2. Understanding Users3. Rules to Collaborate By James Dellow
5. What is Kick AssCollaboration?
6. Collaboration relies on openness andknowledge sharing but also some levelof focus and accountability on the partof the business organization.AIIMhttp://www.aiim.org/What-is-Collaboration
7. The basic capabilities of tools like Flickrreverse the old order of group activity,transforming gather, then share intoshare, then gather.Clay ShirkyHere Comes Everybody
8. Image Source: http://www.ickr.com/photos/50719309@N00/5110211150/ CC BY-NC-ND
9. Examples:Faster support Increased Productivity 30% processesMore satised Increased Revenue30% customersReduced Costs20% Less on travel &communicationsMore collaboration Increased Revenue35% between departmentsand teamsSource: Hinchcliffe, D. & Kim, P., Social Business by Design, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, 2012.
10. But what does it LOOK like? Working in Conuence Open by defaultLess time lost in email.
11. 1 Tools
12. 2 #workoutloud1 Tools
13. 3 Network2 #workoutloud1 Tools
14. 4 Integration3 Network2 #workoutloud1 Tools
15. James Dellow
16. Understanding users people
17. What are Personas? Personas are user archetypes created to represent auser base. They are a small group of semi-ctionalcharacters created from user research that representthe full extent and natural types of user behaviour. Each persona has a set of goals which specify whatthey wish to achieve in using a system.
18. Persona Example: David David is 31 years old. He supervises a team of customer service agents. His goal is to make sure service standards and KPIs are met by the whole team.
19. Persona Example: Sally Sally is 46 years old. She is a qualied accountant andhas worked for the company formany years. The most stressful time for Sally isthe end of month reporting.
20. Persona Example: Brad Brad is 24 years old. Brad is a graduate engineer and is currently on rotation through different departments. He hates using email.
21. A user journey mapswhat a persona doeswhen using a system,from beginning toend. They give us anunderstanding of ausers needs and howthey will achievethese.
22. Rules to collaborate by
23. #1 Work with the network effect
24. #2 Take a walk in their shoesImage Source: http://www.ickr.com/photos/8080723@N05/5178672116/ CC BY-NC-SA
25. #3 Dont give people blank workspacesImage Source: http://www.ickr.com/photos/inoneear/22138013/ CC BY-NC-SA