JIRA + Confluence = Beyond Software Development Simon Woodford, Bechtel
1. simonwoodford crossfunctionalsystems Enterprise 2.0 Transformation Atlassian Summit 2010 anticipating the needs of our customers to deliver collaboration: anywhere, any time"
2. "A key competitive advantage is the ability for rms to turn information into knowledge in order to improve efciencies, drive innovation and respond rapidly to changing competitive conditions "" (Quinn 1992; Tidd, 1997; Tapscott, 1999)."
3. key takeaways" integrate knowledge management and collaboration " into your project management activities" semantically tie Conuence with JIRA so project content " is available in a single, coherent way" aggregate your wiki content into the ultimate, " reliable source of truth on a project"
5. A World of Experience" Airports, ports, bridges, highways, and rail systems Exper9se and Communica9ons experience Mining and metals Power genera9on, including renewables in most major Oil, gas, chemicals, and pipelines industries Government facili9es management and environmental cleanup
6. Bechtel Today"
7. Our Project Landscape" ScoJord Wood River Prairie State West Coast Route Romanian Upgrader Renery Power Plant Edwardsport London Motorway Hanford Waste Keystone Oak Creek Moderniza9on IGCC Underground Treatment Plant Pipeline Power Plant plant Albanian Motorway Missile Defense Khursaniyah Gas Plant Sammis Power Plant Lawrence Livermore Na9onal Naval Nuclear Laboratory Propulsion KGD6 Gas Field Ivanpah Solar Metrorail Extension Power Complex Oak Ridge Kwajalein Test Range Los Alamos Na9onal Cox Wireless Laboratory Deployment Chemical Weapons WaYs Bar Power Jamnagar Elimina9on Plant Renery AT&T Wireless Expansion Nuclear Power Worsley Uprates Renery Pascagoula Renery Mo9va New Doha Renery Los Pelambres Mine Interna9onal Sandow Airport Power Plant Angola LNG Yarwun 2 Sabine Pass Trimble Plant Jubail Industrial Renery Los Bronces Mine LNG Power City Port Waratah Coal Terminal Plant Terminal
8. Financially Strong" New work booked Revenue in billions of U.S. dollars in billions of U.S. dollars
9. Doing What Others Cant" Provided temporary housing for Ge]ng the Hurricane Katrina vic9ms job done, Put the Channel Tunnel project back on track whatever it Led the eort to ex9nguish 650 Kuwai9 takes oil res in eight months Decommissioned Three Mile Island
10. Civil Infrastructure" Major projects in Managing Crossrail project through London Europe, the Extending Metrorail to Dulles Airport Middle East, and Building highways in Romania and Albania the U.S. Construc9ng major new airport in Qatar
11. Mining & Metals" An industry paceseYer Expanding Los Pelambres and Los Bronces copper mines in Chilean Andes Expanding alumina reneries in Queensland and Western Australia Building an aluminum smelter in Saudi Arabia
12. Oil, Gas & Chemicals" Helping build pipeline to carry oil from Mee9ng Canada to U.S. reneries global Expanding reneries in Illinois, Mississippi demand for and Texas energy Expanding an LNG receiving terminal in Louisiana
13. Power" 440-megawaY solar thermal complex in A leader in California fossil and New cleaner coal plant in Indiana in alliance nuclear power with GE plants Unit 2 of WaYs Bar nuclear plant
14. U.S. Government Services" A leading provider to U.S Departments of Defense and Energy Helping manage Los Alamos and Lawrence Livermore na9onal labs Building a facility in Washington State to treat radioac9ve waste Elimina9ng chemical weapons at defense sites in Colorado and Kentucky
15. Business Challenges"
16. "Ask yourself, if you could build your collaborative, knowledge and " document management systems " and work processes from scratch, " would you recreate what you have?"
17. Study of Internet Success"
18. Leverage of Internet Success"
19. Enterprise Users vs Consumers"
20. Enterprise Users vs Consumers"
21. Enterprise Users vs Consumers"
22. Apply strategies, vision and processes designed to identify, capture, structure, value, leverage, and share Bechtel's intellectual assets to enhance its corporate and project performance and competitiveness. " Create environments where knowledge created throughout the Bechtel organization is effectively captured and shared in a manner that enhances learning, innovation, effectiveness, and productivity."
23. leverage consumer applications proven to augment existing work processes (parity plus)" specically targeted to business requirements and opportunities" access with only a browser and an internet connection" no reliance on proprietary systems or technology" development based on open industry standards" built upon a semantic web framework" embraces and enables BYOC model" no operating system dependency" provides web service capabilities" tuned options for mobile devices" no browser dependency" no net cost increase"...