Gandhi vs mandela presentation
Gandhi vs Mandela - Two Great Men
- 1. Gandhi vs. MandelaTwo Extraordinary Men
- 2. Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, also known as Mahatma Gandhi, was born in Porbandar , present day state of Gujarat, in India on October 2, 1869 and was assassinated on January 30, 1948, by an extreme Hindu.
- 3. He took on leadership of the Indian National Congress in 1921 where he led nationwide campaigns to lessen poverty, increase the rights of women, build religious and ethnic harmony, and to end untouchability, and improve financial self-sufficiency and independence.
- 4. Attended law school
- 5. Was located in South Africa, where he experienced racism at its fullest, starting in 1893 and stayed for 21 yrs.
- 6. Gandhi helped to free the Indian people from British rule and establish truth in a non-violent resistance or known as satyagraha, which helped India to gain independence and was an inspiration for civil rights movements and freedom around the world.
- 7. Many of Gandhis decisions and actions were based on his religious views, which were different than most.