Want more retweets on Twitter? Of course you do! Here are 19 simple Twitter tips that get more retweets - and take 2 minutes or less!
1 9 S I M P L E T W I T T E R T I P S T H AT G E T M O R E R E T W E E T S ( A N D TA K E 2 M I N U T E S O R L E S S )
A f t e r u s i n g Tw i t t e r f o r a w h i l e , e v e r y o n e h a s t h e e x a c t s a m e q u e s t i o n
H O W D O Y O U G E T M O R E R E T W E E T S ?
You have to do some work!
You cant just put anything out there and expect people to blindly pass it on. You have to actually make an effort.
Its different for celebrities. Their fans will happily share any old dross. s u p
Big brands have a major advantage, too.
But for common or garden folk like you and me, getting retweets takes a lot of work.
There are some shortcuts!
1. Share unique and original content Everybody loves to retweet the new stuff.
2. Break news People retweet breaking news stories more than anything else on Twitter.
3. If you cant be the rst, be the rst to make it interesting Put your unique spin on the story.
4. Give the people what they want Figure out exactly what it is that your Twitter followers expect to see from you. Give them that. Repeat.
5. Always upload a picture Tweets with images generate at least twice the engagement of text-only tweets. But only when you upload directly to Twitter.
6. Dont talk about yourself all of the time Seriously, nobody cares about you. But they do care about themselves. So tweet about them.
7. Leave plenty of space Not everybody uses the Twitter retweet button. Many folks still like to add their own comments to retweets, sharing via the old- school RT @ or quote tweet method. Tip: start thinking of tweets as 100 characters or less. This leaves plenty of room for a link or an image, and some extra room for old-fashioned retweeting.
8. Retweet others Really, it has to work both ways.
9. Have a short and sensible username Twitter allows a maximum of 15 characters for usernames but the longer yours is, the more awkward it is for people to retweet your messages. No problem: you can change your username at any time.
10. Use #hashtags otherwise it has a negative impact on retweets. But dont use more than 1-2 at a time
11. Use an exclamation point! Studies have shown that tweets that contain an exclamation point generate twice as many retweets as those without.
12. Including a link? Place it in the middle or the end of the tweet.
13. Ask Simply asking for a retweet can generate 3-4 times the amount of engagement. But you must use the word retweet in full (not RT or R/T).
14. Figure out when everybody is around Not much point tweeting to yourself.
15. Pay attention to spelling, grammar and overall readability Typos, WRITING IN ALL CAPS or twtng n txt spk can dramatically reduce your retweet chances.
Seriously, one tweet a day isnt going to cut it. The more you tweet, the greater the chance your content will be seen and retweeted. Aim for at least 5 tweets per day. Every day. 16. Tweet a lot
17. Keep to a schedule Spread your tweets out over the entire day, and use Buffer or Hootsuite to plan your tweet calendar well in advance.
18. Stay on target Consistency goes a long way on Twitter. If people know what youre about theyll look out for your content and proactively retweet your best stuff.
19. If you arent getting the results that you expect change the formula!
Now heres the good news
If just one in every 100 of your followers retweets your stuff youre doing better than almost everyone else on Twitter
Lets go to work.
Looking for more Twitter tips?
Click to get your FREE copy! Y E S , I WA N T M Y F R E E E B O O K !
C R E AT E D B Y @ S H E A M U S S O U R C E S A L LT W I T T E R . C O M | T W I T T E R | B U F F E R | H U B S P O T click to say hello