Embed Size (px)
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the number of moments that take our breath away”
• Taking the audience on an emotional journey beyond the movie
• A journey that goes from moment to moment in someone’s life
Robert PrattenCEO & Founder, Transmedia Storyteller Ltd
The film business is dead.
Long live filmmaking.
The Internet and Mobile Revolution
The audience has moved on
• Zack Braff
• Rob Thomas
• Spike Lee
Spread, Attention and Credibility
MEASURE & MONITOR
What will the audience do? How will they be engaged?
Moral dilemmas, meaningful choices
Role-play,provide building blocks
Reflection, consideration Exploring, discovering
Gaming Role Playing
Transmedia Producer (Robert Pratten)
Graphic Design & Branding
Feature Script (Simon Cluett)
Producer (Jonathan Sothcott)
• Marketing budget = $0
• Production budget = $500
• Total Net Kindle Revenue (2011) = $1748
• Total shipments on Kindle Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2011 = 972 (retail price at Amazon.com $2.94)
• Number of people connecting to Lauren Ortega on email = 83 = 9% of total sales
• Video views of Episode 1 (Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2011) = 4727
Nb: “video views” used as simple proxy for trend of social media activity. Wasn’t the sole activity also included email, Twitter, Facebook etc.