1. ENGLISH WORKSHEET FOR GRADE 11 SEMESTER 1 AND 2 BY :DRS. MOCHAMAD AJI SMA NEGERI 2 PATI
2. SEMESTER 1 CONTENTS1. WORKSHEET 1 Expressing opinion, satisfaction and dissatisfaction2. WORKSHEET 2 Expression of giving advice, giving warning, giving permission, and expressing the feelings of relief, pain and pleasure3. WORKSHEET 3 Invitation4. WORKSHEET 4 Narrative5. WORKSHEET 5 A short simple functional text (e.g. banner, poster, pamphlet, etc.)6. WORKSHEET 6 Report
3. WORKSHEET 1Activity 1Watch the film and mention some expressions of opinion, satisfaction anddissatisfaction used in the film!1. 2. 3. 4. Activity 2Tape ScriptReporter : Good morning Mr. Dewey! Would you like to answer my questions, please?Mr. Dewey : Good morning, Miss Clara! Sure, I would.Reporter : Well, Whats your opinion on the condition of our country recently?Mr. Dewey : Okay, I think everything is on the right track so far. If there are still problems here and there, its normal.Reporter : Are you satisfied with the economic condition in Indonesia so far?Mr. Dewey : Its relative. Depended on what sector. I think the macro economy in your country is okay. I myself satisfied.Reporter : Thank you Mr. Dewey, for your willingness to come here.Mr. Dewey : Youre welcome.Decide if the statements below are true (T) or false (F) based on the dialogue youhave just heard!1. The reporters name is Miss Carrie.2. Mr. Dewey was so pessimistic to the condition of this country.3. Mr. Deweys citizenship was not an Indonesian.4. The macro economy of Indonesia was not too bad.5. Mr. Deweys profession might have been an economist.Activity 3Complete the dialogue with the suitable expressions in the box!Listen to the tape recorder twice then fill in the blank of the sentences below!1. David : Oh, its terrible headache. I need the aspirin now. Kevin : I think .2. Father : Our son will join the Math Olympic next week. Mother : Thats great. In my opinion we should 3. Martin : Hows about going to the beach next weekend? Dave :
4. 4. James : Did you watch Harry Potter 5? Whats your opinion? Jack : Of course, I did. Its ...5. Anna : Which shirt do you prefer to wear yellow shirt or blue one? Samuel : I preferActivity 4Make a free short dialogue which contains expressions of opinion, satisfaction anddissatisfaction with your partner!1. A : . B : .2. A : . B : .3. A : . B : .
5. WORKSHEET 2Activity 1Watch the film and mention some expressions of advising, feelings of relief or pain usedin the film!1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Activity 2Listen to the tape recorder!Decide if the statements below are true (T) or false (F) based on the dialogue youhave just heard!1. .. The dialogue happens at school.2. .. Max and Ronny are in the kitchen.3. .. The cake Max has made doesnt rise.4. .. Max needs to put more flour into the doughActivity 3Read the dialogue.Complete the blank based on the dialogue above!1. The dialogue is about 2. Ben had the experience during 3. When he had the lesson, he 4. Knowing what Ben did during the lesson, his teacher ..5. His teacher asked him .Activity 4Students in a pair make a free short dialogue which contains expressions of givingwarning, giving permission, and expressing the feelings of pleasure.Activity 5Students act it out in front of the class in a pair.
6. WORKSHEET 3Activity 11. What kind of invitation found in the film?2. When do you usually find such an invitation?3. What is the message of the invitation you watched on the film?Activity 21. How to ask someone to attend to a certain event?2. What is the function of an invitation card?3. Have you ever got an invitation card from somebody?Activity 3Read the text carefully!Answer the questions based on the text!1. What is the theme of the invitation above?2. When will the event be held?3. Where will the event be conducted?
7. 4. How to get the ticket for the occasion?5. What costume should the invitee wear!Activity 4Make a dialogue based on the invitation card below!Activity 5Act it out your dialogue with your partner in front of the class!
8. WORKSHEET 4Activity 1Answer the questions orally!1. What is the theme of the film?2. Do you think the mouse deer clever or tricky?3. How was the ending of the film?Activity 2Read the text by heart Title The Fly and The Bull Orientation There was once a little fly who thought he was very important. He felt proud of himself. One sunny morning, he flew around looking someone to talk to. He saw a bull grazing in a field. He decided to fly down to talk to him. Complication The little fly flew down and buzzed around the bulls head. The bull did not bother him. He went on chewing grass. The fly then buzzed right inside the bulls ear. The bull continued chewing grass. The fly thought, What a stupid animal! Now the fly decided to land on one of the bulls horns to make the bull notice him. He waited for the bull to say something, but the bull kept quiet. The fly then shouted angrily, Oh, Bull, if you find that I am too heavy for you, let me know and Ill fly away! Resolution The bull laughed and said, Little fly, I dont care if you stay or leave. You are so tiny that your weight does not make any difference to me, so please be quiet, and leave me alone.Answer the questions shortly!1. What is the title of the text?2. How many paragraphs do you find the text has?3. Who are the characters involved in the text?Activity 3Find out the meaning of the vocabularies below!1. once 6. chewing2. proud 7. horns3. grazing 8. inside4. buzzed 9. kept quiet5. bother 10. alone
9. Activity 4Complete the blank below based on the text above!1. The generic structure of paragraph 1 is ..2. The generic structure of paragraph 4 is ..3. The generic structure of paragraph 6 is ..4. The main idea of paragraph 1 is 5. The main idea of paragraph 6 is 6. The action words found in paragraph 4 are ..7. The tense used in the text mainly is Activity 5Choose the best answer based on the text above!1. Why didnt the bull care of the presence of the fly? A. He considered the fly was merely a worthless creature. B. He was busy to graze so he didnt realize the fly over there. C. He didnt perceive that the fly was flying around him. D. He was so stupid animal, thus he couldnt catch the flys intention. E. He disliked any trouble maker animal as the fly.2. to make the bull notice him. (Paragraph 4) What is the synonym of notice? A. To give respect D. To get rid of B. To pay attention E. To fill with delight C. To rush about in excitement3. What is the genre of the text? A. Recount D. Spoof B. Anecdote E. Procedure C. Narrative4. In which paragraph can you find the complication of the text? A. 1, 2, 3 D. 2, 3, 4 B. 3, 4, 5 E. 2, 3, 4, 5 C. 3, 4, 5, 65. What message do you get from the story? A. Life is pleasant, so we have to enjoy it. B. Never say a lie to others for it will make us sorry in the end. C. Think twice first before doing something risky. D. Never consider there is no one greater than us. E. Improve your inner quality to be a successful person.6. He flew around looking for someone to talk to. Change the sentence into Negative Form! A. He didnt fly around looking for someone to talk to. B. He doesnt fly around looking for someone to talk to. C. He dont fly looking around for someone to talk to. D. He didnt flew around looking for someone to talk to. E. He not flew around looking for someone to talk to.7. The bull said, I dont care if the fly stays or leaves. The Indirect Speech for the sentence is A. The bull said whether he didnt care if the fly stayed or left. B. The bull said that he didnt care if the fly stayed or left. C. The bull said that he doesnt care if the fly stays or leaves. D. The bull said whether he doesnt care if the fly stays or leaves. E. The bull said I dont care if the fly stays or leaves.
10. 8. The bull did not bother him. (Paragraph 2) What does him refer to A. The bull B. The bull and fly C. The fly D. The animal