ASSIGNMENT 1: Using Proofreading Marks
1. Open the document from the student share drive 1_Keybaording
folder> Grove> Hand Out> Assignments_ Formatting> Word
Assignments and find Assignment 1_TEMPLATE-ADMIRE.
2. Save as your last name underscore (_) ADMIRE into your
student Home Directory> Keyboarding > Word Assignment.
3. Use the proofreaders’ marks below to correct the errors in
this short story.
4. Proofreading includes checking for formatting and line
5. Double-space means that there is 1 blank line between each
line of text.
6. Line spacing is the amount of space between lines of
7. Once you have fixed the proofreading errors then do the
1. To bold the title by selecting it.
2. Press and hold down the CTRL key.
3. Press the B key.
4. Release both keys at the same time.
5. Change the line spacing to double by selecting all the text,
(body of story) and using CTRL +2 keys. By doing this you have
changed the default spacing from single to double.
6. Save your changes.
If you do not finish, work on it next class period.
See next page for corrections you need to make to your