1. ASSIGNMENT 10.2GROUP 2 TRUNG HIU - HONG LN PHNG TNG PH CNG NGC TRM
2. AGENDA 1.BACKGROUND 1.1 Market review 1.2 Business background 1.3 Business ambition 1.4 Competitor review2. BUSINESS OPPOTUNITY 2.1 BCG Matrix 2.2 SWOT 2.3 Main competitor review3. SEGMENTATION 3.1 Segmentation 3.2 Target consumer4. OVERALL TRUTH 4.1 Category Truth 4.2 Consumer Truth 4.3 Product/ Brand Truth5. CONSUMER INSIGHT 6. BRAND IDEA 6.1 Brand positioning 6.2 Brand essence 6.3 Brand key 6.4 6P7. COMMUNICATION IDEA 7.1 Brand activation platform 7.2 Brand activation idea8. LAUNCHING
3. MARKET REVIEW Vietnam Instant Coffee Market ShareOfficer ( from 22-30 ) who open mind. Urban lifestyle.2% 20%Trung NguyenAdults 20-59, have gentle personality, gentle, polite, like quietly in communication. They prefer quiet and respect for traditional values, conservative.Mass focus on the youth ( 18-35 ages )They want to create an emotional connection with people ( with Vietnamese taste coffeeThey want to enjoy a traditional taste coffee in the convenience wayYoung men want to taste and quality of genuine authentic coffee.Nescafe provide Vietnamese cup coffee with international quality.Traditional Vietnamese coffee with real taste.Trung Nguyen provide G7 coffee with good taste and authentic coffeePrice: 41.000 VND 44.000 VND Origin: Switzerland Portforlio: Instant coffee 100% pure NESCAF RED CUP - The soluble coffee product mix available: NESCAF 3 in 1: 3 different flavors NESCAF Caf Vietnam: with 2 black coffee ice products and iced coffee.Price: 36.000 VND 48.000 VND Origin:Vietnam Portforlio Vinacafe Wake up Saigon: 3 in 1 Vinacafe instant :classicPrice: 45.000 VND Origin: Vietnam Portforlio G7: 3 in ; 2 in 1; 3 in 1x2; 2 in 1 x2 G7 Cappuccino PassionaTarget customerVinacafe 47%Nescafe 31%Other(Source: Nielsen, 2013)What they needReason to believeGeneral informationGrowth rate of instant coffee in Vietnamese market Average annual increase about 6.9%
4. BUSINESS BACKGROUND A big local giant with 150,000 USD to invest, owning strong network of distribution of general trade & modern trade, with a good source of high-quality coffee in Central Highlands of Vietnam, plus with strong technology, and can recruit strong local experienced people of coffee making. The company wants to enter in instant coffee market Target consumer focus on 02 big cities are HCMC & HN. They want to launch this new brand on May, 2014 with 04 month setting.BUSINESS AMBITION Become the top 3 instant coffee brands in Vietnam within 3 years from the second quarter of 2014
5. BCG MATRIXCoffee for mass?Coffee for specific market
6. TARGET CUSTOMERWHO IS POTENTIAL? Female account for more than 54% of instant coffee consumers (Source: Vinaresearch, 2013)Vietnam Instant Coffee Consuption by GenderFemale46% 54%MaleThey are a larger part of instant coffee consumer, but they are still not satisfied with their current instant coffee. Theyre willing to switch to the more ideal brand.
7. TARGET CUSTOMER DOES ANY BRAND TOUCH THEM?FOR MASS, WOMEN USE THE MOST Femininity is not clear (TA are still afraid of hot & fat dilute coffee by adding much water or consume 1 time/day only)FOR WOMEN ONLYSpecifically for Femininity but RTB is weak, irrelevant and not trustful(Source: Vinaresearch)Very Potential market (Learning from Passiona lesson to enhance the success possibilities) In 3 years, we can own 50% female consumer More than 25% market share Top 3.
8. SWOT MATRIX Strength -New brand , easy to get attention with differences - Experiences from competitors mistakes - Deeply understanding about TCOppotunity - Consumer accept with exist brand even when asked about satisfaction with the taste is not really good - There is no brand for women that strongly successWeakness -New brand , lack of experiences - Be influenced by pioneer strategy & limitedThreaten - Strong competitors - Its hard to change TA habit - New product can make TA hesitate to try
9. MAIN COMPETITORS REVIEW Outstanding campaignsC ph cho phi p campaignStart a new day with birdyBlind test research customer mind. Campain: Caf manh, danh cho phai manh Draw G7 is STRONG taste in customers mind.Khoi dong ngay moi 100% huong vi Viet Nam , Tach ca phe ngon xoay tron cau chuyen?A Vietnamese coffee with international quality.StrengthBiz view: The first brand for women that belong to a strong Vietnamese coffee brand Focus on the right potential TCConsumer s view: The fist brand caring about me, they on behalf of my passionBiz view: Its belong to a international brand Relevant & make sense brand ambassadorConsumers view: Its convenience with many kind of packaging & Advertising campaignBiz view: good way to approve customers. Excellent taste fix Vietnamese needs. National indentity. Vietnamese use Vietnamese goods.Customer view: Good taste. Good priceBiz view: the global brand with long time and quality. They have a strong capital for marketing. Seriously in research to understand consumer. Nescafe 3 in 1 is a market leader of 3 in 1 instant coffeeCustomer view: Quality coffee. Attractive promotion. Price is suitable for a global brand.WeaknessNot following the category truth( coffee is hot as good as milk & consumers perception (coffee cant not be a good drink that make you prettier)R2B is not strong (cant convince TC with a coffee brand can make you prettierIt start from a non-coffee brand that they have many difficult to deeply understanding about TA in VNIts not well known and why I should drink it just because its brand ambassador?Trung nguyen choose the way to compare with competitors to confirm brands voice is not ok. They dont have a clear strong compare two competitorsToo strong for a lot peopleTaste is not better than other brand. They change a lot objective and way in short time -> no single minded. Nestle is a company specializing in caf, milk, cacao, cream( too much)Taste is not good, not strong, it just miss approve level
11. URBAN FEMALESEGMENTATIONPROFILING20-29 YOACHIEVERENJOYERCONTENTEDDESCRIPTION- Passionate, proactive, ambitious, eager to learn, to change and to adapt to grow, esp in their career path. On the way to achieve more in career.- Playful, optimistic, carefree, love to enjoy life & to take care of themselves- Satisfy with current life, no motivation to achieve more in life - Take care of family - their biggest part for the lifetimeLIFESTYLE & HABIT- Goal-oriented & seek for recognition - Trend updated - Busy - Social lives are centered around career. - Image is important to them.- Carefree & loving enjoyable activities: hanging out, shopping, reading, travel - Optimistic & childish- Mature & satisfied - Caring of family & responsible - Leisure activities center around the home and family - Conservative & practical- Did I experience the true living? - Did I discover all the best things in this world?- Family is always their biggest concernLIFE CONCERN- Career and success are the key focus - Equality/ Womens right & power - Take care of themselves/ indulgence enough to balance Work & Play?ROLE OF COFFEE TO THEM- Focus & stimulate to work effectively - Get them ready, bring them confidence - Initiate social bonding - Mental renewal - Indulgence- Energy boost - Thirst quenching - Snacking - Coffee is becoming more of social drink- Family drink in the morning - Mental renewal - Relaxing & rewarding
12. TARGET CUSTOMER DETAILED PROFILING Because of: Large size (46%) High demand of coffee daily Want of enjoying the coffee only for women Easiness to switch brand & adapt new things Those early adopters are easily turn into influencers for Contented women segment.We choose this targetInstant Coffee U&A:- Drink dilute coffee (by adding much water) - Frequency: 1-2 times/day - Consumption: approx. 1 pack/use - Drink at start time (in the early morning or the begin off afternoon) - Serving hot is preferable - Both prefer using individually or together with friends/ colleagues, and not at office desk - Enjoy the bittersweet taste of 3in1 coffee (not the bitter only, which is too hard/unpleasant for them) - Afraid of being hot & fat when consuming 3in1 instant coffee - Bittersweet taste & passionate aroma are the top 2 things they enjoy when drinking 3in1 instant coffeeFEMALE ACHIEVER 20 29 yo, urban, ABC Profile:- Female, heavy (daily) instant coffee users - Work in office (dominant) - Urban Youth, 22-29 years old - Class ABC - Live in urban cities (HCMC, HN)Life concerns & habits:- Career and success are the key focus - Equality/ Womens right & power - Take care of themselves/ indulgence enough to balance Work & Play?
13. OVERALL TRUTH CATEGORY TRUTH Convenient Ready to drink Easy to drink (light taste, a little bitbitter with add on sweet & creamy)Concentrate & Stimulate Whatever instant coffee you get, you can enjoy the instant coffee whenever and wherever possible so long as you have hot water. Wherever you are, if you have a cup and hot water, you can enjoy coffee. They are so easy to carry aboutCONSUMER TRUTH As a young modern, confident & ambitious woman, I drink coffee not only to concentrate to achieve more in life, but also to enjoy the pleasure come from the intensely comfortable aroma + sweet taste blending with the bitterness that prevent me from being fed up with the drink.PRODUCT/ BRAND TRUTHFunctional: Bitter-sweet taste Add-on Aroma Suitable for women Harmonize taste & scent Concentrate Emotional: Bittersweet blending of the best coffee taste & aroma gives women True indulgence moment
14. Category TruthConsumer Insight for Brand IdeaConsumer TruthAs a young modern, confide