How To Use Google Docs
1. Go to the Google Docs website a) Go to www.google.com/a/walthampublicschools.org b) Sign in using your username and password
2. Create a new document a) Click on "Create New" to open the drop-down menu b) Click on "Document"
3. Insert textb) Click on "Save now"a) Type a message in the blank space in your new document
4. Editing textFONTSIZEBOLD/ITALICS/UNDERLINECOLORBULLETS /NUMBERINGALIGNMENTSAVE, PRINT, UNDOa) Save, print, undo, change the font, color, and size, & bold, italics, underline, bullets/numbering, and alignment
5. Share filesb) Click on "Invite People" on the drop-down menua) Click on "Share"
6. Share files cont.a) Type in the email address(es) of the person/people you want to share the file with
7. Edit or viewa) Choose either "edit" or "view" below the email address box, then click "Send"
8. Open a file that was shared with youa) Go to docs.google.com, and log in using your Gmail address and passwordb) Find the file on the list, and click on it
Google SitesMaking Your own Webpage
Google sites websiteGo to www.google.com/a/walthampublicschools.org Sign in using your username and password
Choose a Template for Your WebpageLets Start with Blank TemplateType a Name into the "Name your Site box"
Your URLIf the name you chose is availableGooglewill create a URL for you, this is how you access your websiteIf your name is not available you will need to try again
ThemeChoosing a theme automatically gives you a background and text for your webpage that google has preset. You can browse the selection and choose one.
CodeThe last step to making your site is to verify that you are human by correctly copying the code into the box below
Create Your SiteIf you have correctly entered the code click "Create your site" and you can begin to create your own webWe are now ready to start designing our page!!
Home PageYou will be brought to your homepage which will have your site name and the theme that you chose.
Editing Your PageIn the top right corner click "edit page" this is where you can edit your page to add text, images, and video.
Adding TextA text box will appear under your home page, type in a message
Editing TextUse the tool bar at the top to change the size, text, style, or color of your text.
Adding PagesClick on "Create Page"
Adding Pages cont.Enter a name for your new pageClick "create page"
Adding ImagesClick Insert, from the pull down menu select Image
Adding Images (cont'd)You have 2 optionsUpload ImagesWeb Address
Web Address ImagesIf you find a picture on the web copy and paste the URL into the box, when image appears click "OK"
Moving ImagesThe picture now covers the text so we need to move it using the tool bar
Align- L/C/R moves the image to the right, center or left of the pageSize- Increase or Decreases the size of the imageWrap- Allows text to go around the imageRemove- Take the Image out off of the page