Your Social Media Brand
Watching out for your personal brand and balancing it with the company's brand can be challenging. This presentation to the Young Professionals Association of Louisville and Social Media Club gives pointers on managing and building a responsible personal brand online.
- 1. Personal Branding Your Social Media Brand Jason Falls YPAL & Social Media Club Louisville Louisville, Ky. September 15, 2009
- Helps You Get Clients/Customers
- Leads To Personal & Professional Opportunity
4. How Do You Establish Yours?
- What do you want to set you apart?
- What will make you happy?
5. Key Elements of Personal Branding
- A strong personal value statement
- A plan to differentiate your brand from the competition
- A powerful marketing strategy
6. Activate Your Brand
7. How To Grow Your Brand
- All but 5 entries on first 5pages of Yahoo
- Jason Falls Politician inNorth Carolina
- Damn Metallica bassplayer is clumsy
9. Network On- and Off-Line
- Blogs of others in your field
- Local voices in your space
- Clients, Customers, Potential Employers
- Never Underestimate The Value Of Face-To-Face
- Professional Organizations
10. Whats The Negative?
- Company vs. Personal Time
- Company vs. Personal Benefit
- Theres A Difference Between Empowerment And Power
- Your Brand Isnt The Only One
11. Consider The Company
- 60% of executives say they have right to know
- 53% of employees say social networking not an employers concern.
- 30% never consider what their boss or customers might think before posting
- 74% believe activity make it easier to damage a companys reputation
- 17% of executives have a program dedicated to monitoring and mitigating
- 24% have formal guidelines for the use of social media among their people.
12. Your Next Job Is At Stake
- 2009 Jump Start Social Media Study
- 75% of hiring managers research job candidates on LinkedIn
- 48% look at Facebook pages
- 26% read candidates Twitter streams
- 66% start looking for candidates on LinkedIn
- 23% start looking for candidates on Facebook
- 16% start looking on Twitter
13. Lets Connect Jason Falls Principal Social Media Explorer Email: [email_address] Twitter:@JasonFalls Phone:502.619.3285 Web: socialmediaexplorer.com 14. Jasons Wallpaper