1. How We Are Found Makes Us Who We Are* Life At The Cross Section Of Search Engines and Public Relations
The Content Explosion
Earned Media In The Age Of Conversation
Downy Case Study
SEO/SEM PR Best Practices
PureOlogy Case Study
3. The Content Explosion- It Is No Longer Just The Geeks Talking Pure GeekTalk? Do Geeks Talk About Fabric Softener? You Can No Longer Refer To The Blogosphere As Them
4. Just Who Are These Geeks Talking About Fabric Softener? Laundry detergent and fabric softener bottles come with a cap you're supposed to use to measure the amount of liquid you're adding to the wash, but the spout appears to be designed to simultaneously pour a small stream of Tide directly down the side of the bottle, or the front of your pants, or along the top of the washer (depending on where you began pouring). Who's the genius who came up with this? Help! I'm suffocating under all these dirty socks. I'm Heth, I'm 30, and I'm mom to seven kids and wife to Nate, my own personal tech support. I plead guilty to excessive and incorrect use of commas.
5. Earned Media In The Age Of Conversation Things are not what they used to be!
6. A New Breed Of Public Relations
Search Engines are conversations
Search Engines are reputation management engines
7. SEO PR Case Study Downy- Fabric Softener Or Secret Killer?
8. Search For Fabric Softener* *Search Performed on February 17, 2008
9. Ah, Downy Freshness!
10. Some Stats
Buyers view more search results (10) and take more time to view the results (11.4 seconds).*
Information searchers view less search results (8) and spend less time on a result (9.4 seconds). They pay more attention to contents than to brand names.
Checkit Search Engine Media Bureau, 2007
11. What The Prolific Searcher Finds Results Six Through Eights
12. A Killer On The Loose! Camphor Causes CNS disorders. On EPA's Hazardous Waste list. Symptoms: "local irritant and CNS stimulant" ..."readily absorbed through body tissues" ..."irritation of eyes, nose, and throat" ..."dizziness, confusion, nausea, twitching muscles and convulsions". "Avoid inhalation of vapors. Linalool Narcotic. Causes CNS disorders. ..."respiratory disturbances" ..."Attracts bees." "In animal tests: ataxic gait, reduced spontaneous motor activity and depression ...depressed heart activity ...development of respiratory disturbances leading to death." Just Two Of The Many Culprits
13. Can This Really Be True?
14. Science Is Nothing But Perception -Plato There Is No Truth. There is Only Perception -Gustave Flaubert All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions. -Leonardo da Vinci
15. This Is A Crisis! Where Is The Crisis Management?
16. Search Engines Or Reputation Management Engines?
17. SEO Basics For PR Professionals Yes, you need to know this stuff!
18. What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization
The process of increasing the amount of visitors to a Web site by naturally ranking high in the search results of a search engine.
SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine.
In a broad sense, SEO is marketing by understanding how search algorithms work and what human visitors might search for.
19. Talk Like The Techies Do
20. Title Tags and Meta Descriptions
21. What Could Downy Do? SEO PR in Action
22. Joining The Conversation Through Content (it is king you know)
23. Social Media Press Release
24. PureOlogy Vegan or Not?
25. PureOlogy Safeguard your colour. Serious colour care. 100% Vegan. Not tested on animals.
26. Vegan Or Not?
27. The Conversation Begins
28. Paid Search Can Help Join The Conversation
The New Media Economy Requires New Communications Skills
Search Engines Are Everyones Business
Search Engines Are More Than Information Retrieval Engines