Visual content can increase earned media mentions and engagement from social fans and followers.
Text of The Power of Visual Content
1. The Power of Visual Content
2. People are attracted to visualsIn an increasingly noisy digital landscape,marketers must use visuals to stand out.Marketing Profs.
3. The Visual Trend Visual marketing was the breakout trend for 2012. Forbes 44% are more likely to engage with brands if they post pictures than any other media. ROI Research Pictures have also become a short form way of communicating lots of information quickly and succinctly. GlobalHue Brands are moving away from the written word to more visual content. Altimeter Group
4. What Thought Leaders Say Most of our brain is used for processing visual information Tim Ash, author of Landing Page Optimization Visual content allows you to communicate ideas in a much richer way Adam Heinz Visuals change the way people talk about and share information about your brand Jason Keath, Social Fresh
5. Thought Leaders Visuals are a response to the vast amount of information were exposed to. Visual is an easy snapshot way to absorb and grasp the information Jeremiah Owyang, Altimeter Group Visual content is going to be HUGE! Particularly video, but it needs to be done right Craig Rosenberg, Funnelholic
6. Proved by Analytics MTV when they posted a group of images on Facebook they got 13x more engagement and sharing and reached 6X more fans with this content. Brands of all flavors see higher engagement with their customers when they deploy visual content across their marketing disciplines from social and public relations, to web site content and even static marketing materials like annual reports.
7. 95 percent believe visual content is very important for online marketing 89 percent are already using or plan to use visual content in social media 87 percent believe visual content is critical for traditional marketing 80 percent plan to budget for production of visual content in 2013 96.7 percent believe that visual content engages best on social media
8. Facebook Posts that include a photo album, picture or video generate about 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement, respectively.
9. Facebook Graph Search New to Facebook Focuses on people, photos, places and interests Described as the 3rd pillar of Facebook Big opportunity for brand content to be discovered https://www.facebook.com /about/graphsearch
10. Images Do not post the same image on all platforms create multiple images that appeal to each community Rectangular images work well on Tumblr, but wont work in Facebook Use an image that clearly articulates your message
11. Whole Foods Tumblr blog publishing their magazine
13. The Future?Most companies dont have full-time editors and newsrooms thatwork hand-in-hand with theirmarketing department andpartners, but in a few years theymight.David Armano Edelman Digital