PowerPoint Three: Explore your taste buds! . Let’s get started. What are your senses and why do we use them? Fill in task 1 on Activity Sheet 3. Task 2 – Tasting time!. - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Text of PowerPoint Three: Explore your taste buds!
PowerPoint Three: Explore your taste buds!
Let’s get started
• What are your senses and why do we use them? Fill in task 1 on Activity Sheet 3
Task 2 – Tasting time!
• In your group taste your dish. Really think about the taste, texture, aroma and appearance of the dish and write descriptive words relating to your product in the table on your activity sheet.
• The help box has some suggestions.
Task 3 – My evaluation
• Rate the appearance, taste, texture and aroma of your dish out of 5. 5 = excellent, 1 = very poor
Task 4You should have 4 tasters scores. Work out the average for each of the attributes as this is the score you need to put on your radar diagram.
Task 5 – What went well and how can we improve?
• What worked well in the practical and how well did your dish turn out?
• What could you improve on if you were to do it again?
Sum up – Group work
• In your groups you need to produce a poster which you will present to the class at the end of the lesson. Here are some starting points to help you with your presentation:
o Did you work well as a group? o Did you manage to cook and clean up in time?o What mushroom based dish did you create? o What did you like the most about it?o What would you change if you did it again?
What have I learnt today?
• Have I written an evaluation for my dish?
• Have I used sensory analysis to describe my dish?
• Have I worked as part of a team to present what went well about our dish and what would do differently next time?