Embed Size (px)
INTRODUCTIONElectrical component or accessories is any component in the generation, transmission, distribution or consumption of electric power. Some examples of these components would be relays, contactors, timers, circuit breakers, fuses and motor starters. Elements include devices such as inductor, resistor, capacitor, conductor, line or cathode ray tube with terminals at which it may be connected directly with other devices. It can also mean an antenna radiator (either parasitic or active). Electrical wiring in general refers to insulated conductors used to carry electricity, and associated devices. This article describes general aspects of electrical wiring as used to provide power in buildings and structures, commonly referred to as building wiring. This article is intended to describe common features of electrical wiring that should apply worldwide.
OBJECTIVES1. To determine the specific purpose and function of each electrical accessories such as copper bush, inspection tee, trunking jointer, copper bridging, terminal box and etc. 2. To review and discuss all the functions of electrical wiring accessories and identify the types of electrical devices in building. 3. To find out the schematic diagram of fluorescent lamp circuit and its functions.
APPARATUS1. Electrical accessories sample board. 2. Camera.
PROCEDURE 1. The electrical accessories at sample board are identified. 2. The function and usage of the electrical accessories is determined. 3. The schematic diagram of fluorescent lamp circuit is sketched and the functions of each component is identified.
RESULTS 1. AC power plugs and sockets are devices for connecting electrically operated devices to the power supply. An electric plug connects mechanically to a matching socket. Usually plugs are movable connectors, and sockets are fixed to equipment. 1 GANG METAL CLADED SOCKET 1 GANG FLUSH SOCKET
-Solid metal build and construction made to resist external damages from extreme situation.
-Impact resistant,polycarbonate socket with insulating properties and will crack or discolor
commonly known as a "13 amperes plug", a large plug that has three rectangular prongs forming a triangle.
Contain load rating measures 13 Ampere..
2. Switch is an electrical component that can break an electrical circuit, interrupting the
current or diverting it from one conductor to another. Each set of contacts can be in one of two states: either 'closed' meaning the contacts are touching and electricity can flow between them, or 'open', meaning the contacts are separated and nonconducting.
1 GANG M/C SWITCH
1 GANG METAL CLADED AWITCH
-Impact resistant, polycarbonate socket with Insulating properties and will not crack or discolor.
-Solid metal build and contruction made to resist external damages from extreme situations.
- A simple on-off switch with the two terminals are either connected together or disconnected from each other.
3. The conceal box is use to place the electrical components of a socket or a switch so that it
does not exposed to the atmosphere and avoid damages to its inner components. It also functioned as a connection space between the internal wire to the socket or switch.
3X3 PARTITION CONCEAL BOX
4. A double 13A socket outlet is a socket that has two socket combined together which
provide two power supply outlets.
DOUBLE 13A SOCKET OUTLET
5. These boxes is use to place the electrical components of a double socket outlets so that it
does not exposed to the atmosphere and avoid damages to its inner components. It also functioned as a connection space between the power supply wire to the socket outlets.
3X6 PARTITION BOX
M/C CONCEAL BOX
Conceal box used to give power supply from the internal wires within the wall.
Conceal box made from metal that is used to connect external power supply wires to the socket outlets.
6. An insulator, also called a dielectric, is a material that resists the flow of electric charge.
In insulating materials valence electrons are tightly bonded to their atoms. These materials are used in electrical equipment as insulators or insulation. Their function is to support or separate electrical conductors without allowing current through themselves. Insulators are commonly used as a flexible coating on electric wire and cable. PVC or polyvinylchloride has now become the most common type of electrical insulation. It can tolerate both moderately low and moderately high temperatures and is does not cost very much. Higher-temperature installations, however, require different types of insulation.
6 mm PVC
4 mm PVC
25 mm PVC
2.5 mm PVC 1.5 mm PVC
46 mm PVC /SWA /PVC
Different wire size are manufacured to be used according to current carrying capacity. The bigger the electrical wire, the bigger the current capacity it allows. Insulators such as the 46 mm PVC also plays an important part in keeping the wires in good condition and may require less maintenance. Type of insulators may be vary according to the conditions it may encounter.
7. An electrical conduit is an electrical piping system used for protection and routing of
electrical wiring. Electrical conduit may be made of metal, plastic, fiber, or fired clay. G.I CONDUIT G.I FLEXIBLE CONDUIT
GI conduit a is galvanized steel tubing, with a tubing wall that is thick enough to allow it to be threaded. Its common applications are in commercial and industrial construction. Flexible conduit is available for special purposes where conduit requires to be bent and normally applies to a mobile machineries.
8. Trunking jointer is an electrical wireways, generally rectangular in cross section with
removable lids. These cable trunking and fittings giving maximum protection from exposure to external damages and corrosion. It is used for horizontal and vertical mounting or suspension, across roof joists for general power distribution. TRUNKING JOINTER
9. Copper bridging or contact bridges is used to measure electric capacity by null method
and the material that is made out of copper. There are mainly three kinds of Electrical Contact Component: (1) Riveting Parts: contact is riveted on copper component
(2) Welding Parts: sheet contact is welded on copper component (3)Stamping Parts: precious clad metal is stamped into contact bridge component Contact Components are widely used in low voltage electrical appliances and households, such as Switch, Relay, Thermal Controller , Circuit Breaker, Contactor, Controller, Timer, etc.
10. To provide a smooth entry into the box and avoid sharp corners which cause damage in cable insulation. COOPER BUSH
11. Grip the conduit and bite it into the metal
12. It is an enclosure which includes, mounts, and protects one or more terminal boards, It may include a cover such accessories as mounting hardware, brackets, locks and conduit fittings. TERMINAL BOX TROUGH BOX 2 WAY BOX
-To channel wires to to channel wires at electrical omponents. horizontal spaces.
-Used for long wire installation.
-Used vertical and
3 WAY BOX
4 WAY BOX
-Used for distributing one cover all the boxes
-Used to channel wire from
wire supply to two directions. above.
1 to 3 different directions.
Device that is inserted into a socket outlet to receive one or more plugs but it may have a different corners.
12. To secure multiple runs of wire.To fix tough rubber-sheath and PVC0 sheath.
13. Fittings that are created for conduit do so that the conduit can bend into the required directions.
14. A short radius length of tubing for connecting three length of conduits at right angle to left and right direction.
15. A short radius length of tubing for connecting two length of conduits at right angle or 90.