- 1. Virtual Reality Worldsin Elementary Schools Presented By: Elizabeth Burr
2. Is there a place for virtual reality worlds in educational settings? Yes. 3. Elementary Students 4. www.webkinz.com 5.
- Webkinzpets are lovable plush pets that each come with a unique Secret Code. With it, you enter Webkinz World where you care for your virtual pet, answer trivia, earn KinzCash, and play the best kids games on the net!
6. Classroom Pets Puddin Hunter Flippy 7.
- Your child can learn lots of fun facts at Quizzy's. The questions at Quizzy's are age-appropriate, and most are educationally based.
- We also have several arcade games that promote learning:
- Lunch Letters helps children to learn how to type and spell
- Quizzy's Word Challenge aids in spelling
- Operation Gumball encourages children to think logically
- Webkinz Newz and the W Tales encourage reading, and they many contests which encourage writing, creativity, and problem-solving.
- Children learn about money in Webkinz World; by earning KinzCash, children learn how to save, spend and manage money.
- Webkinz World also helps to teach children about responsibility, caring for a pet, and getting along with others.
- Working and sensory memory
- Multimedia instructional message
- Cognitive Theory of Multimedia Learning (CTML)
- Listening, reading and sound comprehension
- Picture-text sequencing principle
15. Educators 16. www.secondlife.com 17. What is Second Life?
- Second Life is a free online virtual world imagined and created by its residents.
18. Virtual Environments Enable New Models of Learning
- Used by leading universities and school systems around the world
- Connects them with educational peers active in Second Life, and showcase their inworld projects and communities
19. Virtual Environments Enable New Models of Learning
- Large, active education community within Second Life
- Second Life has proven to be a valuable professional development medium for educators
20. Virtual Environments Enable New Models of Learning www.secondlife.com 21. Take Field Trips into Virtual Reality
- Effective use of time, can take them anytime
- Create your own or use one that already exists
22. Virtual Field Trip Resources for Educators
- http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/globaltrek/index.htm(Student Travel Journal)