Math not your thing? Stuck in a functionality rut? Join us to learn a few key tips and tricks for using Salesforce MVPs to write kick-butt formulas. Walk away with actual formulas that you can immediately put to use. NOTE: This session is Community-Led: created BY the Salesforce community FOR the Salesforce community
1. Become a Formula NinjaMath not your thing? Stuck in a functionality rut? Join us to learn a few key tips andtricks for using Salesforce MVPs to write kick-butt formulas. Walk away with actualformulas that you can immediately put to use.
2. Safe harbor Safe harbor statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This presentation may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If any such uncertainties materialize or if any of the assumptions proves incorrect, the results of salesforce.com, inc. could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward- looking statements we make. All statements other than statements of historical fact could be deemed forward-looking, including any projections of product or service availability, subscriber growth, earnings, revenues, or other financial items and any statements regarding strategies or plans of management for future operations, statements of belief, any statements concerning new, planned, or upgraded services or technology developments and customer contracts or use of our services. The risks and uncertainties referred to above include but are not limited to risks associated with developing and delivering new functionality for our service, new products and services, our new business model, our past operating losses, possible fluctuations in our operating results and rate of growth, interruptions or delays in our Web hosting, breach of our security measures, the outcome of intellectual property and other litigation, risks associated with possible mergers and acquisitions, the immature market in which we operate, our relatively limited operating history, our ability to expand, retain, and motivate our employees and manage our growth, new releases of our service and successful customer deployment, our limited history reselling non-salesforce.com products, and utilization and selling to larger enterprise customers. Further information on potential factors that could affect the financial results of salesforce.com, inc. is included in our annual report on Form 10-Q for the most recent fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012. This documents and others containing important disclosures are available on the SEC Filings section of the Investor Information section of our Web site. Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other presentations, press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make the purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com, inc. assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
3. Introductions & Agenda Steve Molis Jared Miller Mark Passovoy Francis Pindar
4. Steve MolisSalesforce Administrator, Epsilon@SteveMoForce
5. Formula Ninjas The Island of Misfit Toys, Formulas, Fields, and Functions Using $User to create dynamic Reports and List Views
6. The Island of Misfit Toys, Formulas, Fields, and Functions ISNEW() $User Opportunity: IsClosed Opportunity: IsWon
7. Using a Validation Rule to prevent new Accountsduring Lead Convert Business Requirement Prevent user from creating new Accounts but allow them to convert Leads to new Contacts and Opportunities Solution Use a Validation Rule to block new Account create. Fields Referenced (optional) $Profile.Name $Role.Name $User.Id Function Used ISNEW()
8. Using a Validation Rule to prevent new Accountsduring Lead Convert Formula: AND( ISNEW(), $Profile.Name Inside Sales User")
9. The Island of Misfit Toys, Formulas, Fields, and Functions Field: IsClosed Boolean field located on the Opportunity object, automatically set by Opportunity Stage. Use: Validation Rule to ensure users update Close Date on Open Opportunities. AND( IsClosed = FALSE, CloseDate < TODAY (), $Profile.Name "System Administrator")
10. The Island of Misfit Toys, Formulas, Fields, and Functions Field: IsWon Boolean field located on the Opportunity object, automatically set by Opportunity Stage. Use: Validation Rule to ensure users update Loss Reason (custom field) when an opportunity is Closed/Lost. AND (IsClosed =TRUE, IsWon = FALSE, ISBLANK(TEXT( Loss_Reason__c)))
11. The Island of Misfit Toys, Formulas, Fields, and Functions Fields: IsWon, IsClosed Use: Formula(Text) field to display the summarized Opportunity Status in List Views, Reports and Dashboards. IF(IsWon = TRUE , "Won", IF(IsClosed = FALSE , "Open", "Lost"))
12. The Island of Misfit Toys, Formulas, Fields, and Functions
13. The Island of Misfit Toys, Formulas, Fields, and Functions
14. The Island of Misfit Toys, Formulas, Fields, and Functions
15. Using $User to create dynamic Reports and List Views
16. Using $User to create dynamic Reports and List Views Business Requirement Dynamically show in a list view, all activities that were created by the user logged in, not just activities that were owned by them Users can easily see activities that are owned by them with the My Activities list view Solution Evaluate the CreatedBy User.Id field and compare it to the current User.Id to return a simple True/False result. Fields Referenced CreatedById $User.Id Function Used IF(logical_test, value_if_true, value_if_false)
17. Step 1: Creat custom field, CreatedBy$User Field Name: CreatedBy$User Datatype: Formula Return Type: Number, 0 decimals Formula: IF(CreatedById = $User.Id , 1, 0)
18. Step 2: Create the Dynamic Report or List Now just add a simple filter: When using this field, no more cloning and editing reports for each user! Just change the running user.
19. CreatedBy$User: Result
20. The Island of Misfit Toys, Formulas, Fields, and Functions Opportunity: TotalOpportunityQuantity HasOpportunityLineItem OpportunityProduct: HasRevenueSchedule HasQuantitySchedule
21. Jared MillerSenior Project Manager, Configero@jaredemiller
22. Formula Ninja Jared Miller Configero Co-Leader of the Tampa User Group Known to troll the twitter and #askforce
23. Formula Ninja Use the ABS function to give your dates more flexibility Use the LEN function to improve data quality Formula Talk My favorite formula tips