- 1. The Sacraments of Healing
Sacraments of Love
3. It is I, I, who wipe out, for my own sake, your offenses; your sins I remember no more.
4. The Prodigal Son
5. I shall get up and go to my father and I shall say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. Luke 15:18
6. 7. Luke 15:23b-24
let us celebrate with a feast,
because this son of mine was dead, and has come to life again; he was lost, and has been found
8. 9. Jesus Forgives the Sinful Woman
10. Luke 7:48-50
He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven.
The others at table said to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?
But he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
11. Jesus is the Good Shepherd
12. John 10:2
whoever enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
13. 14. John 10:9
I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture.
15. John 10:11
I am the good shepherd. A good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
16. Jesus Forgives Sin and Heals the Paralytic
17. Luke 5:18
some men brought on a stretcher a man who was paralyzed; they were trying to bring him in and set (him) in his presence.
18. Luke 5:19
But not finding a way to bring him in because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on the stretcher through the tilesinto the middle in front of Jesus.
19. Luke 5:20
When he saw their faith, he said, "As for you, your sins are forgiven."
20. Luke 5:24
that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins'' - he said to the man who was paralyzed, "I say to you, rise, pick up your stretcher, and go home."
21. Luke 5:25
He stood up immediately before them, picked up what he had been lying on, and went home, glorifying God.
22. Jesus Gives to Peter the Power of Binding and Loosing
23. Matthew 16:15-16
Jesus said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
24. Matthew 16:17
Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
25. Matthew 16:18
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
26. Matthew 16:19
I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
27. Jesus Commissions the Apostles and Gives Them the Power to Forgive Sin
28. John 20:20
When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side.The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord
29. John 20:21
(Jesus) said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you."
30. John 20:22
And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
31. John 20:23
Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained."
32. The Sacrament of Reconciliation
33. God, the Father of mercies
34. through the death and resurrection of his Son
35. has reconciled the world to himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins;
36. through the ministry of the Church
37. may God give you pardon and peace,
38. and I absolve you from your sins
39. in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
41. Anointing of the Sick
42. Isaiah 53:4-5
it was our infirmities that he bore, our sufferings that he endured, While we thought of him as stricken, as one smitten by God and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our offenses, crushed for our sins, Upon him was the chastisement that makes us whole, by his stripes we were healed.
43. Jesus Commissions the Apostles to Go Out and Heal the Sick
44. Mark 6:7
Jesus summoned the Twelve and began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over unclean spirits
45. Mark 6:8
He instructed them to take nothing for the journey but a walking stick - no food, no sack, no money in their belts.
46. Mark 6:12-13
So they went off and preached repentance.
They drove out many demons, and they anointed with oil many who were sick and cured them.
47. Jesus Heals the Mother-in-Law of Peter
48. Matthew 8:14-15
Jesus entered the house of Peter, and saw his mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever.
He touched her hand, the fever left her, and she rose and waited on him.
49. Jesus heals the Sick at the House of Peter
50. Matthew 8:16-17
When it was evening, they brought him many who were possessed by demons, and he drove out the spirits by a word and cured all the sick, to fulfill what had been said by Isaiah the prophet: "He took away our infirmities and bore our diseases."
51. Jesus Heals the Blind Man
52. John 9:1, 6-7
As Jesus passed by he saw a man blind from birthhe spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva, and smeared the clay on his eyes, and said to him, "Go wash in the Pool of Siloam" (which means Sent). So he went and washed, and came back able to see.
53. Jesus Heals the Woman With A Hemorrhage
54. Matthew 9:20
A woman suffering hemorrhages for twelve years came up behind him and touched the tassel on his cloak.
55. Matthew 9:21-22
She said to herself, "If only I can touch his cloak, I shall be cured."
Jesus turned around and saw her, and said, "Courage, daughter! Your faith has saved you." And from that hour the woman was cured.
56. Jesus Raises Up the Daughter of Jairus
57. Matthew 9:18-19
an official came forward, knelt down before him, and said, "My daughter has just died. But come, lay your hand on her, and she will live.
Jesus rose and followed him, and so did his disciples.
58. Matthew 9:23-24
When Jesus arrived at the official's house and saw the flute players and the crowd who were making a commotion,
he said, "Go away! The girl is not dead but sleeping. And they ridiculed him.
59. Matthew 9:25
When the crowd was put out, he came and took her by the hand, and the little girl arose.
60. St. James Instructs the Church on Healing the Sick
61. James 5:13
Is anyone among you suffering? He should pray. Is anyone in good spirits? He should sing praise.
62. James 5:14
Is anyone among you sick?He should summon the presbyters of the church, and they should pray over him and anoint (him) with oil in the name of the Lord
63. James 5:15
and the prayer of faith will save the sick person, and the Lord will raise him up. If he has committed any sins, he will be forgiven.
64. James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The fervent prayer of a righteous person is very powerful.
65. Prayer of Anointing
66. Through this holy anointing
67. May the Lord in His love and mercy help you
68. With the grace of the Holy Spirit
69. May the Lord who frees you from sin
70. save you and raise you up