Text of Connecting Social to Dollars: Proving Marketing ROI Through Enterprise Social Intelligence
1. 1 #brandwatchtips Webinar/ Connecting Social to Dollars: Proving Marketing ROI Through Enterprise Social Intelligence CMO, Brandwatch email@example.com @willmcinnes Will McInnes
2. 2 #brandwatchtips 2 2015 Brandwatch.com Dont be shy/ Wed love your participation Ask questions in the session chat Tweet about our discussion @brandwatch #brandwatchtips A download and recording of the webinar will be made available after the event
3. 3 #brandwatchtips Vision/ To make people smarter
11. 11 #brandwatchtips beyond pockets of social. Altimeter model
12. 12 #brandwatchtips beyond so what?
13. 13 #brandwatchtips Our new mission: Connecting Social to Dollars
14. 14 #brandwatchtips How do we (collectively) do that? Enterprise Social Intelligence is the way to understand dollar outcomes from marketing in social
15. 15 #brandwatchtips Whats Enterprise Social Intelligence? Enterprise social intelligence enables valuable business actions by surfacing and distributing social insights at scale and in real time. Emphasis on: Valuable business actions At scale In real time
16. 16 #brandwatchtips Whats Enterprise Social Intelligence? Social intelligence involves capturing, managing, and analyzing social data to identify and apply insights to business goals. In the age of the customer, companies must prepare fast, data-driven strategies to exceed their customers' demands. As a result, more and more businesses turn to social intelligence. Allison Smith, Customer Insights Analyst, Forrester
17. 17 #brandwatchtips The problem with ROI Most enterprise companies (74%) report that their organization uses data and insights to identify social marketing tactics that influence customers. However.75% of companies report the measuring of social marketing as difficult. The 2014 State of Enterprise Social Marketing Report, conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Spredfast
18. 18 #brandwatchtips The opportunity with ROI "Social recommendations induced an average of 26 percent of purchases across all product categories, according to our data." Getting a sharper picture of social medias influence, McKinsey Quarterly, July 2015
19. 19 #brandwatchtips Components of Social Intelligence PeopleConversations Places Images Enterprise Social Intelligence
20. 20 #brandwatchtips Components of Social Intelligence People Conversations Places Images
21. 21 #brandwatchtips Components of Social Intelligence People Conversations Places Images
22. 22 #brandwatchtips Components of Social Intelligence People Conversations Places Images
23. 23 #brandwatchtips Components of Social Intelligence People Conversations Places Images
24. 24 #brandwatchtips Solving real business problems Conversations I dont know what people are saying about my brand I dont know how our campaigns are performing in relation to competitors I dont know what content is resonating and generating returns for us People I dont understand who I should be targeting I dont know what other interests my target audience have I dont know where online my target audience hang out and who influences them Im wasting money and time because our targeting is inefficient
25. 25 #brandwatchtips Solving real business problems Places I dont know the impact of our marketing in relation to our key store locations/cities/regions I dont know which cities/regions/bars/stores to target with our product I dont know how to identify issues or opportunities in key locations I dont know how to adapt my messaging for different regions Images I cant see the whole of our content marketing/sponsorship/business footprint I dont know when my logo is being used inappropriately or illegally I dont know what people are saying about my brands/products if they dont mention the name
26. 26 #brandwatchtips Use Cases/ People Community Management Understanding more about your followers and what they talk about. Create content you know will resonate with them. Measure the quality of audiences for your owned social channels as well as the quantity of followers you have. Influencer Marketing Find the people who influence your followers (follower numbers do not always equal influence). More importantly, reach out to the people who are not talking about you yet the top influencers around a topic or demographic. Campaign Measurement See the impact of your campaign among the people you were actually hoping to reach. Competitor Benchmarking Learn more about whos following your competitors. See your relative impact among key target audiences. Plan marketing to resonate with and win over your competitions followers. Market Research Perform high quality research into a very specific group in minutes. And have it updated in real-time.
27. 27 #brandwatchtips Use Cases/ Places Campaign Measurement A marketer wants to pinpoint the hotspots where people are talking about their campaigns so they can plan future campaigns accordingly. Customer Service A retail platform wants to find out where the most negative sentiment about deliveries comes from so they can identify areas where improvements need to be made. Reputation Management A brand has heard it has a bad reputation in a specific area and wants to find the specific authors that are spreading negative sentiment. Then they will reach out to the individual local influencers. Market Research A retailer wants to know how often people are posting from their stores, what content they share and how different branches compare A media company wants to compare distribution of their physical publications with the spread of conversations about their digital publications and discover connections between the two.