Embed Size (px)
This is a tutorial created for a Flickr class at Schaumburg Township District Library.
Text of Flickr Tutorial
- Fun with Flickr!
- Flickr Basics
- During this Flickr class, you will learn how to:
- Go to www. Flickr.com to get started
- If you have a Yahoo! account, click Sign in. If you dont have a Yahoo! account, click Create Your Account.
- To sign in, type your Yahoo! ID, your password, and click Sign In.
- The greeting lets you know youre logged in. To upload photos to Flickr, click on Upload Photos.
- Next, click Choose photos.
- From your computer, choose the photos youd like to upload.
- After youve selected the photos to upload, click Upload Photos.
- By clicking this link, you can add titles, descriptions, and tags to your photos.
- For each photo, Ive added a title, and tags. Tags are labels or keywords assigned to photos that help identify photos.
- To begin organizing photos, click on Organize.
- Drag the photos into this area to create the set. A set is like a folder that contains photos.
- Ive named this set Colorado Trip. After youve named the set, click on Save.
- To leave the Organizr, click Your photostream.
- In the photostream, you can see all your photos, and the set that was created. Photostream: A visual history of everything in your Flickr account.
- Fun Stuff
- Create products from photos
- Add contacts in two ways: by searching for your email contacts or search by a persons name.
- To add a note to a photo, click Add Note.
- Type comments in this box and click Post Comment.
- Click on Add to Faves to make this photo a favorite. Note: You cannot make your own photos favorites.
- Geotagging: Adding location information to photos. Click Add to your map to geotag a photo. Geotagging: adding location information to a photo.
- To explore the things you can create with Flickr, go to this web address.
- If you need help with Flickr, just click on the Help link.
- More Flickr Help
- Get the Most Out of Flickr