5 Technologies That Are Changing the Doctor-Patient Relationship
The existence of the doctor-patient relationship remains constant, while technology does not. These technological innovations require a different perspective and approach in the eyes of both the doctor and the patient. Here are 5 technologies that are rapidly affecting this relationship.
- 5 Technologies That Are Changing the Doctor-Patient Relationship
- Medical advancements and technological innovations may influence the relationship between doctors and their patients.
- INTERNET THE 1
- Provides easy access to medical and health information Effects frequency & quality of patient-doctor interactions Pros: Patients can educate themselves Cons: Could lead to dangerous misdiagnosis and delay treatment of medical needs
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES MOBILE 2
- Physicians can be mobile and still access information through an EMR portal, including: Test Results X-Rays EKG Strips Communicate with hospital nurses or office staff
- MEDICALRECORDS ELECTRONIC 3
- The majority of healthcare organizations use electronic medical records to document patient information and interactions Pros Replace Paper Reduce Clutter Improve Patient Care and Safety
- @mac_users_guide on flickr PORTALS PATIENT 4
- Web-based portals (physical therapy documentation software) allow patients to access personal health information, including: Test Results Previous Records Patients are more educated and better prepared Improves communication between patient and doctor
- HEALTH TELE- 5 License: https://flic.kr/p/fK14xr
- In some areas, its possible to have a complete physician visit and exam through a teleconference through the use of Audio Video Digital Stethoscope Connects specialty physicians with small hospitals