2) Is it mentioned in other facts of the paragraph?
What was the Main Idea & Details
Other Questions to AskOther Questions to Ask
• Who – Who is the paragraph about
• What – What is the paragraph about
• When – When is it taking place
• Where – Where is it taking place
• Why – Why is it happening
Now Put it in your
It would be good to write this downIt would be good to write this down
• Step 1: Read a paragraph
• Step 2: Ask yourself, “What was the main idea and details of this paragraph”
• Step 3: Put into your own words
•R - READ
•A - ASK
•P - PUT
OK, NOW WHORECALLS WHATRAP MEANS?
PlagiarismPlagiarismPlagiarismPlagiarism• The unauthorized use of the language and
thoughts of another author and saying they are your own
DON’T WRITE WORD FOR WORD WHAT SOMEONE WRITES OR SAYS
DON’T CUT AND PASTE WHEN REASEARCHING FOR A PAPER OR PROJECT
Lets Practice Together
The people of the world have been making inventions for as long as we can remember. The first invention was discovered by the cavemen. They discovered fire and the wheel several thousand years ago. Gold was later discovered through mining. A man named John Deere was the first to make the tractor in the late 1800’s.