These images will help you to start finding starting points for artists research for the GCSE EDEXCEL exam
Text of Gcse photography 2013 starting points
1. GCSE PHOTOGRAPHY 2013FORCES
2. INSPIRATION use the images on thefollowing slides as starting points if you get stuck or need guidance
3. Renoir: natureLesparapluie1880s
4. Andy Goldsworthy:sculptures in naturethe photos are the evidence
5. Claes Oldenburg: changing the scale of objects what does it force the observer to do ?
6. Frances Bacon: emotions
7. http://soundcolourvibration.com/2011/05/28/color-in- Photo by John Deakinmotion-vol-114-francis-bacon/David Lynch (director) comments on how Bacon inspireshimYet one glance at Francis Bacons paintings and I amimmediately sent to a place I feel comfortable in. Theseare works of hidden identity & the enigma of man andhis touchHow could his paintings inspire you do the photos ofhim inspire you?
8. Shepard Fairey: personality and politicsThe Tyrant Boot print was inspired by the Frederick Douglasquote The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance ofthose whom they oppress. Frederick Douglas, an AfricanAmerican, was a leader of the Abolitionist Movement. He wasa firm believer in the equality of all people, whether black,woman, Native American, or recent immigrant. He was fond ofsaying, I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobodyto do wrong.http://www.obeygiant.com/headlines/revok-tyrantsShephard
9. Sam taylor-wood: mixed mediahttp://artpulsemagazine.com/breaking-the-medium-of-painting-down http://www.bbc.co.uk/collective/gallery/2/index.sh tml?collection=samtaylorwood&mode=dynamic
10. Fay Godwin: the power of naturehttp://www.archivemagazine.org.uk/?p=21
11. Bill Viola: lighting, culture and belief http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embe dded&v=6-V7in9LObI Viola explores themes such as religion and war through video and photography watch the video (at home) or look for his installations:
12. http://www.ressupport.org/index.php?id=101the Exhibition Bill Viola: The Passions@ at thethe J. Paul Getty Museum 2000