Text of Class six english 2nd paper preposition part 1
1. Welcome To English Class
2. I am Rashida Akther, Asst. Teacher (English) Cambrian School & College, Dhaka, going to conduct the class with you on Prepotion,Class-6.
3. Mr. Mickey is ___________the car.behind Mr. Mickey is _____________ the car.on
4. Most of the people in late 1960 died of Cholera. 30 lac people died for the sake of our liberty in 1971
5. Look afteryour parents as they did to youat childhood. Theinspector looked intothe case seriously.
6. Aims and Objectives: By the end of the lesson you will have a)practiced writing and speaking skill. b) Learnt about preposition and their uses. c) Talked about the location of different things using correct preposition.
7. Lets see a simple chart of..
8. above over on from Out of to into in through below under up down Use of Some Important Prepositions To = Kvbw`K MwZ eySvj| In = wfZi wwZ eySvj| Under = AwewQbfve wbPAvQ eySvj| On = KvbwKQz Dci _vKe GesAwewQbfve eySvj| Over = KvbwKQz Dci wewQbfve_vKj| From = To Gi wecixZ eySvj| Into = wfZii w`K MwZ eySvj| Out of = IntoGi wecixZ eySvj| Above = KvbwKQz wewQbfve Dci AvQ Ges AwaK `~iZeySvj| Below = wewQbfve wbPeySvj| Up = Dci Lvov eySvZ| Down = Dci _K mvRv wbPeySvZ|
9. There is a cow in the field. The old man is fond of tea. The cat jumped off it . Cow in field (Noun) Preposition Noun fond of tea (Adjective) Preposition Noun Jumped off it Verb Preposition pronoun A cat is on a chair
10. So, preposition is a word that is placed before a noun or pronoun to show its relation with other words in the sentence. Before noun or pronoun Pre means before and position means place Preposition means 'that which is placed before'. Before what..?
11. The cat jumped ________ the chair.over The sun is _________ the car.above
12. The boy jumps __________ the pond. A bird is ____________ the car.on into
13. The dog is walking __________ the car.by/beside The dog is sitting ___________ the car.In/inside
14. sunsun The earth moves ___________ the sun.round The car is going ___________ the tunnel.through
15. Mina is sitting ______________ her mother and grandmother. between The man is distributing relief _______ the flood-affected people.among Between two/more individual persons/things Among- more than two persons/things.
16. The cat is standing ________ the car.behind The cat is sitting ___________ the chair.under A black cat is running _________ the car.In front of
17. The boy is walking ______________ the stairs. The child is walking _______________ the stairs. down up
18. Group work Make five sentences with the use . Group A of Group C in Group B on
19. Fill in the blanks with preposition from the box. 1. The students are sitting _______ their class room. 2.The teacher entered __________ the classroom hurriedly. 3.Distribute the chocolates ________ the students. 4.The boy jumped ___________ the wall. 5.The roof ________ our head is white washed. on in over by between among above into
20. Lets practice a board standard Question A pious man is absorbed (a) meditation. He has firm faith in the Almighty. He abides (b) the rules of religion. He clings (c) his faith. He knows that man is accountable to the Almighty (d) his action. So, he leads his life according to religion. He is not angry (e) anybody. Ans. (a) in; (b) by; (c) to; (d) for; (e) with.
21. Lets practice a board standard Question Everyone desires (a) wealth. But a few attain it. Some people hanker (b) riches. Some are content (c) what they have. True happiness lies (d) contentment. It is high time we gave (e) the habit of covetousness. Ans. (a) for; (b) after; (c) with; (d) in; (e) up.
22. Write ten sentences using the following prepositions. On, over, above, in, into, between, among, behind, in front of, down