Wildlife Photography Tips. 9 Tips to help you out. 1. Know Your Gear. This seems self-explanatory, but you never know how long you have to take the shot. It might only be a few seconds, and if you need to mess with your settings, you’d better be able to do it without looking. - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Wildlife Photography Tips
Wildlife Photography Tips9 Tips to help you out1. Know Your GearThis seems self-explanatory, but you never know how long you have to take the shot. It might only be a few seconds, and if you need to mess with your settings, youd better be able to do it without looking.
2. Know Your SubjectIf the animal has a specific pose or action youre looking for, make sure you know what they look like when theyre about to it. Anticipate the shot.
3. Work the LightThis is harder than with people because you cant move around as much, so anticipate the shots youll want and be at the right angle for them.
4. Zoom in or Get in CloseKnow how to compose your shot, but recognize that sometimes you want more scenery than youd get with a zoomed-in shot, and sometimes you just want half the animals face.
5. Get More Than One!Shots of single animals are cool, but getting interaction in a group can be amazing.
7. Get on Their LevelGetting low to the ground with a small animal gives a unique perspective, and getting up high with a tall one gives a unique shot!
8. Be Patient!You cant really pose an animal, so youre going to have to waitsometimes for a really long time. Wait for that shot, though. Itll be worth it.
9. Enjoy the Shoot!Nobody will ever get the shot youre going to get of these animals, but theyll never have the experience youre having, either. Enjoy your time with them!
Images taken from http://digital-photography-school.com/10-tips-for-improving-your-wildlife-photography/