2. Some people forget toSome people forget to turn the camera forturn the camera for
3. Hold the camera steady andHold the camera steady and just move your finger to snapjust move your finger to snap pictures or you will get photospictures or you will get photos like this.like this.
4. ComposingComposing Look through your viewfinder,Look through your viewfinder, compose, then take three stepscompose, then take three steps forwardor zoom, zoom, zoom.forwardor zoom, zoom, zoom. Why????Why????
7. CROP CROP CROPCROP CROP CROP
8. CROP CROP CROPCROP CROP CROP
9. Nice photoNice photo
10. but two competing places to look,but two competing places to look, two fairly equal focal points.two fairly equal focal points.
11. Better Or Worse?
12. BetterBetter OrOr Worse?Worse?
13. BetterBetter OrOr Worse?Worse?
15. BB EE TT TT EE RR
16. Notice theNotice the triangulartriangular compositioncomposition
17. Watch for Competing Images.Watch for Competing Images. Where do you look in thisWhere do you look in this picture when there are 3picture when there are 3 fairly equal faces?fairly equal faces?
27. Dont center everyDont center every subject you photograph.subject you photograph.
28. Dont have the subjectDont have the subject looking at the wall orlooking at the wall or closest edge of the photo.closest edge of the photo.
29. Notice the photo is cropped, theNotice the photo is cropped, the subject is not centered, the rule ofsubject is not centered, the rule of thirds is used and he has space tothirds is used and he has space to look into.look into.
30. What doWhat do you thinkyou think about thisabout this photo?photo? Good orGood or bad?bad? ExplainExplain..
31. How Important Is theHow Important Is the Angle?Angle? People normally see things from headPeople normally see things from head high.high. What if you laid on your back and tookWhat if you laid on your back and took pictures?pictures? What if you stood on a ladder?What if you stood on a ladder? Would these present a new andWould these present a new and interesting viewpoint?interesting viewpoint?
32. TopTop DownDown ViewView
33. The camera was held near the knees pointing up.
34. TheThe cameracamera was heldwas held above theabove the headhead pointingpointing down. Dodown. Do the anglesthe angles make themake the photosphotos moremore dynamicdynamic??
35. This is an interesting angle but there is nothing to give perspective and the power lines are annoying merges.
36. Good angle or bad?Good angle or bad?
37. What do you do aboutWhat do you do about backlighting?backlighting?
38. Some photos establish the setting.Some photos establish the setting.
39. OtherOther ss focusfocus onon subjecsubjec t andt and mood.mood.
40. Posed orPosed or
41. not posed?not posed?
42. AvoidAvoid MergesMerges They are thingsThey are things in thein the backgroundbackground that take yourthat take your eye away fromeye away from the subject.the subject. Theres a carTheres a car and a person inand a person in this mans hat.