©2008 Rosetta Stone Ltd. All rights reserved. xxxxxxxRosettaStone.com
All information in this document is subject to change without notice. This
document is provided for informational purposes only and Rosetta Stone Ltd.
makes no guarantees, representations or warranties, either express or implied,
about the information contained within the document or about the document
itself. Rosetta Stone,® Language Learning Success,™ and Dynamic Immersion,®
are trademarks of Rosetta Stone Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 Rosetta Stone Ltd. All rights reserved.
Printed in the United States of America
Harrisonburg, Virginia USA
T (540) 432-6166 • (800) 788-0822 in USA and Canada
F (540) 432-0953
1Rosetta Stone® Tests – English (American) Level 1
Unit 1, Lesson 1, Test
Section 1. Circle the answer which best completes the sentence.
1) men are running.
a. He b. The c. A
2) The is eating.
a. girls b. boy c. men
3) The boys drinking.
a. is b. are c. they
4) are running.
a. They b. She c. He
5) The woman is coo .
a. king b. ting c. ding
6) The girls are swim .
a. ning b. ding c. ming
Section 2. Complete the sentences. There may be more than one possible answer. Follow the example:
2) The girl
4) The women
Section 3. Circle the word that does not belong in the group. Follow the example:
the they a
1) goodbye women hello
2) he she the
3) reading writing drinking
Section 4. Circle the word that does not belong in the group.
1) boy women girls
3) woman men boys
2) man girls boy
2 Rosetta Stone® Tests – English (American) Level 1
The child and the woman is eating bread
What are walking
The adults is not bicycles
The dog are not rice
The boys have a dog
The girl has this
She do not have reading a book
The men does not have sleeping
Unit 1, Lesson 2, Test
Section 1. Choose a word or phrase from each column to make a complete sentence. More than one answer may be possible.
Follow the example:
Section 2. Add an appropriate word to the list. Follow the example:
The child and the woman have bicycles.
Section 3. Put a, an, or and, where necessary. Some answer lines will be left blank. Follow the examples:
What is this? This is rice. The child is not driving car.
1) The boy the girl are not sleeping. 2) They are eating eggs.
3) The woman is not eating apple. 4) He is drinking coffee.
5) The dog is not eating sandwich. 6) They are eating apples bread.
3Rosetta Stone® Tests – English (American) Level 1
Unit 1, Lesson 3, Test
Section 1. Rewrite the sentences using the information in parentheses. Follow the example:
He has a blue pen. (You)
1) The flowers are big. (The dog)
2) I am a student. (He)
3) They are walking. (The doctor)
4) What are you doing? (The woman)
5) I do not have a dog. (The girl)
6) The dog has a red ball. (The cats)
7) He is a teacher. (We)
8) The child is not driving. (I)
Section 2. Answer the questions using complete sentences. Follow the example:
What is he doing?
1) What are you doing? 2) Are you a police officer?
3) Do you have a horse? 4) What are you eating?
5) What are you drinking? 6) Are you a student?
Section 3. Complete the sentence with an appropriate word or phrase from the box. Follow the example:
red bicycle swimming blue are students
police officer sandwiches water
The women are eating 1) The girl does not have a
2) The children are not 3) We
4) He is not a 5) The sky is
6) I am drinking
You have a blue pen.
He is eating a sandwich.
4 Rosetta Stone® Tests – English (American) Level 1
Unit 1, Lesson 4, Test
Section 1. Cross out the word that does not belong in each list. Follow the example:
boy girl horse man
1) grass three flowers tree 2) plate bowl phone cup
3) yellow two blue red 4) moon dress skirt coat
5) rice keys egg apple 6) bed table chair adult
7) tree two one six
Section 2. Write the question to the answer provided. There may be more than one question possible. Follow the example:
The boy is eating an apple.
1) I have a pen.
2) There are six chairs.
3) It is a cell phone.
4) The man is buying a hat.
5) No. She does not have a dog.
6) Two flowers are red.
Section 3. Circle the best answer to the question. Follow the example:
Who has the ball?
a. The boy is running. b. The boy has the ball. c. The boy has three balls.
1) What are you doing?
a. We are driving. b. I do not have a car. c. There are two bicycles.
2) Is the fish yellow?
a. There is one yellow fish. b. No. I do not have a fish. c. Yes. The fish is yellow.
3) How many books are there?
a. Two books are green. b. There are five books. c. She has six books.
4) How many hats are red?
a. Two hats are red. b. I have a red hat. c. The hats are red.
5) Does he have a cat?
a. It is a cat. b. No. The cat is not sleeping. c. No. He does not have a cat.
What is the boy eating?
5Rosetta Stone® Tests – English (American) Level 1
Unit 2, Lesson 1, Test
Section 1. Answer the questions using the information in parentheses. Follow the example:
What is this? (coffee)
1) What are you doing? (eating)
2) Are you drinking milk? (water)
3) Do you have a pen? (yes)
4) Who is playing? (the mother and her daughter)
5) How old are you? (12)
6) How old is he? (4)
Section 2. Fill in the blank with an appropriate word. Follow the example:
have a bicycle. My bicycle is red.
1) have one daughter. Our daughter is two years old.
2) is eating his sandwich.
3) has flowers. Her flowers are red and blue.
4) are drinking their coffee.
5) The woman and dog are playing.
6) The man and sons are sleeping.
7) The parents and children are swimming.
8) The husband and wife are reading the newspaper.
Section 3. Solve the equation and write the answer on the line. Follow the example:
four + three =
1) five + one =
3) nine – six =
5) twelve + zero =
7) two + six =
This is coffee.
2) eight + two =
4) two – two =
6) eleven – five =
8) three – two =
6 Rosetta Stone® Tests – English (American) Level 1
Unit 2, Lesson 2, Test
Section 1. Fill in the blanks to complete the questions. Follow the example:
do you have? I have the blue flowers.
1) trees are there? There are eleven trees.
2) are my shoes? Your shoes are under the table.
3) is playing? The grandfather and the boy are playing.
4) is it? It is a desktop computer.
5) he have a cell phone? No. He does not have a cell phone.
6) you listening to the radio? Yes. I am listening to the radio.
7) the bowl yellow? Yes. The bowl is yellow.