Check out www.justlikeoma.com for more German recipes
How to make Noodles: Schupfnudeln
1 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cubed 2 egg yolks 4 tbsp flour 2 tbsp cornstarch salt, pepper, nutmeg 2 tbsp butter
1. Cook potatoes until tender in boiling water (about 10 minutes).2. Drain potatoes and let steam escape to dry the potatoes (put pot of potatoes back
on burner briefly to evaporate moisture)3. Mash potatoes or put through ricer and add egg yolks, flour, and cornstarch. Add
salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste. Mix well, adding a bit more flour if necessary to create a dough that isnt sticky.
4. Using floured hands, form dough into log shape. Cut log into about 20 pieces and form each into a "finger-shape" by rolling between your hands. If the dough is too sticky, add a bit of flour. Each noodle should be thicker in the middle and narrower and pointed at the ends.
5. Place noodles into a pot of gently boiling water (add about 2 tsp of salt to water) and simmer until they float. This only takes a few minutes. Remove noodles and drain them.
6. Over medium heat, melt butter in a saucepan. Add boiled noodles and saut until golden brown.
7. Serves 2 - 4 (depending if side dish or main dish)