Preparing peace makers locally, nationally and abroad Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006

Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

• Upload
    others

• View

• Download

Embed Size (px)

Citation preview

Page 1: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

Preparingpeacemakerslocally,nationallyand abroad

Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006

Page 2: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

H A R T F O R D S E M I N A R Y • A N N U A L R E P O R T 2 0 0 6 2

Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 AnnualReport. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,Hartford Seminary is a special – and active – place.

Our global reach, from Hartford to Singapore andIndonesia, reflects our commitment to preparingpeacemakers locally, nationally and abroad. We edu-cate students to lead and to live faithfully in today’smulti-faith and pluralistic world. The imperative ofdialogue underpins this educational philosophy.Dialogue takes place in our classrooms in an atmos-phere of creativity and safety. It takes place outsideof classrooms as well, in casual hallway or dinnerconversations, for example.

Let me offer two concrete examples of our interfaithefforts. Earlier this year, we received an invitation toparticipate in the annual conference of the ClintonGlobal Initiative held in New York City.Announcement of the generous commitment ofTrudie and Neil Prior to Hartford Seminary towardan endowed faculty chair in Abrahamic Partnershipswas the centerpiece of our participation. We are onour way toward funding this chair, thanks to Trudieand Neil. Building Abrahamic Partnerships, a program directed by Yehezkel Landau, faculty associate in interfaith relations, is an interfaithlearning experience that has won critical acclaimfrom those who have participated in it.

Immediately after the Clinton conference, I traveledwith Ibrahim Abu-Rabi’, co-director of theMacdonald Center for the Study of Islam andChristian-Muslim Relations, to Singapore. There,we signed a memorandum of understanding with theIslamic Religious Council of Singapore. The councilplans to serve as an interfaith training center forSingapore and the surrounding region and we willhelp provide the training for the council in interfaith dialogue. The council also will send twoscholars a year to study at Hartford Seminary andparticipate in our community.

P R E S I D E N T ’ S M E S S A G E

Page 3: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

We know that we also have work to do here in theUnited States regarding the importance of interreli-gious understanding as a learning outcome – and the best ways to embed interfaith dialogue into educational programs. The Wabash Center forTeaching and Learning in Theology and Religion has awarded a grant to the Seminary to develop pedagogies for interfaith dialogue. David Roozen,director of the Hartford Institute for ReligionResearch, and I will direct this project. The goal is to enhance the capacity of seminaries to equip theirstudents to engage in the multi-faith reality of theAmerican and global context in ways that advancemutual understanding. We will develop a book thatoffers six case studies of seminary-taught degreecourses in interfaith dialogue, sponsor a conferencefor theological educators and disseminate the casestudies through publication in print and electronicforms.

I am proud to be president of Hartford Seminary at this time. It is clear to me that more and more people and schools around the world understand the importance of Christian-Muslim dialogue and broader interfaith understanding. Hartford Seminaryis privileged to be doing its part in this transforma-tion of thought and of theological education.

May God bless you and may God be with HartfordSeminary.

Heidi HadsellPresident

H A R T F O R D S E M I N A R Y • A N N U A L R E P O R T 2 0 0 6 3

Page 4: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

H A R T F O R D S E M I N A R Y • A N N U A L R E P O R T 2 0 0 6 4

TRUSTEES (As of November 1, 2006)

Ralph E. AhlbergRetired pastor of Round HillCommunity Church,Greenwich, CT; ImmanuelCongregational Church,Hartford, CT

Fakhri Al-Barzinji Owner & Publisher,International Graphics,Beltsville, MD; Adam Center, Herndon, VA

Ali A. AntarChair, Physics Department,Central Connecticut StateUniversity, New Britain, CT; President, Islamic Associationof Greater Hartford, Berlin, CT,Treasurer, Board of Trustees

Herbert BrockmanRabbi, Congregation MishkanIsrael, Hamden, CT

Martin L. BuddPartner, Day Berry & Howard,Stamford, CT; Chair Emeritus,Board of Trustees; TempleEmanu-El, New York

Nancy ButlerMaster of Divinity student,Yale Divinity School;Community Baptist Church,Manchester, CT

Allison Chisolm Owner, Choice Words,Worcester, MA; Wesley United MethodistChurch, Worcester, MA

Terasa CooleyDistrict Executive,Massachusetts Bay District ofUnitarian UniversalistCongregations, Belmont, MA

William J. CroninPresident, Cronin andCompany, Inc., Glastonbury,CT; Chair, Board of Trustees;St. Patrick-St. Anthony Church,Hartford, CT

Wendy B. GrammasFormer financial executive,Greenwich, CT

Heidi HadsellPresident, Hartford Seminary

Samuel C. Hamilton Executive Director, HartfordEconomic DevelopmentCorporation and GreaterHartford BusinessDevelopment Center,Hartford, CT; FirstPresbyterian Church,Hartford, CT

Barbara E. HeadleySenior Pastor, FaithCongregational Church,Hartford, CT; Secretary,Board of Trustees

Stanley Kemmerer Vice President, Challenger,Gray & Christmas, Inc.,Farmington, CT; ChristChurch Cathedral, Hartford,CT

Uriah KimProfessor of Hebrew Bible,Hartford Seminary; FirstPresbyterian Church,Hartford, CT

John C. LangFormer business executive;Trinity Episcopal Church onthe Green, New Haven, CT

Sergio MazzaPresident and ChiefExecutive Officer, SenSound,Grosse Pointe Farms, MI;Grosse Pointe United Church,Grosse Pointe, MI

Philip R. McLoughlinBusiness consultant, CrossPond Partners LLC, andretired business executive;First Vice Chair, Board ofTrustees; Church of theRedeemer, Chatham, MA

Vanda B. McMurtryVice President, Governmentand Community Affairs,University of Pennsylvania,Philadelphia, PA; St. Mary’sChurch, Hamilton Village -The Episcopal Church at Penn,Philadelphia, PA

Reza Mansoor Cardiologist, HartfordHospital and Cardiac CareAssociates, Hartford, CT;Muhammad Islamic Center,Hartford, CT, the IslamicAssociation of GreaterHartford, Berlin, CT andthe Islamic Center ofConnecticut, Windsor, CT

Trudie J. PriorPresident and GeneralManager, Coral WorldMarine Park & UnderseaObservatory, St. Thomas,VI; Hebrew Congregation of St. Thomas

James K. Robertson, Jr.Partner, Carmody &Torrance, Waterbury, CT;Second Vice Chair, Boardof Trustees; FirstCongregational Church,Watertown, CT

Amy Robinson Owner, The RobinsonGraham Group -Marketing,Communications andBusiness Education,Hartford, CT

Jane I. SmithProfessor of IslamicStudies and Christian-Muslim Relations and Co-Director, Duncan BlackMacdonald Center for theStudy of Islam andChristian-MuslimRelations, HartfordSeminary; First Church ofChrist, Farmington, CT

Hans UckoProgram Executive, Officeon Interreligious Relationsand Dialogue, WorldCouncil of Churches,Geneva, Switzerland; Church of Sweden

James B. WalkerSenior Pastor, PhillipsMetropolitan ChristianMethodist EpiscopalChurch, Hartford, CT

Page 5: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

H A R T F O R D S E M I N A R Y • A N N U A L R E P O R T 2 0 0 6 5

PRESIDENT’S COUNCIL (As of November 1, 2006)

M. Saleem BajwaRoger S. BeckAnthony S. BrownCyril C. BurkeSara F. CarsonDavid E. A. CarsonSanford CloudDavida F. CrabtreeJames F. EnglishWilliam H. FarleyWalter M. Fiederowicz

Carl T. FurnissJames N. GettemyAlvar W. GustafsonHerbert W. HansenAlvan N. JohnsonWorth LoomisWallace C. MatsenMargaret S. PatricelliSusan E. PogueDonald P. RichterJohn H. Riege

Michael R. RionRobert N. SchmalzRobert E. StevensKenneth W. TaylorPhillip E. TrowbridgeJoyce H. YarrowBarbara Brown Zikmund

The President’s Council, consisting primarily of former Trustees, is an advisory council developedto provide advice to and advocacy for Hartford Seminary. Members are relied upon to share withthe administration the wisdom and counsel of their experience with the institution.

CORPORATORS (As of November 1, 2006)

Patricia L. AdamsWinthrop R. AdkinsKamal AliRichard C. AllenRobert M. AnnonDoris M. ArmstrongPeter B. AthertonEdwin O. AyalaLeRoy BaileyMorrison H. BeachBetsy BergenJohn A. BermanChristel F. BerryCourtney B. BournsWilliam L. BradleyHarold C. BuckinghamKimberly C. BurrisThomas G. CarrTed CarrollEdward A. CharleboisDavid W. ClarkMyron E. CongdonShelley D. CopelandMarian B. Cox-ChapmanJames E. CurryRaymond H. DeckJean C. DentonJohn J. DwyerArcher L. EdgarNed W. EdwardsSalwa A. ElgebalySusan FayBarry M. FeldmanRaymond C. FerrariLowell H. FewsterJames T. FlemingEllen D. FoxJerry FranklinKarl A. FranssonJames P. FriedmanFredrica K. GrayArnold C. GreenbergR. N. GriebelRichard B. GriffisRashid HamidWalter L. HarrisonKing T. Hayes

Alyce F. HildJohn M. HorakEdward G. HorstmannCharles HowardChandler J. HowardJames F. HynesRonald D. JarvisS. E. JeterKatherine D. KaneMelvyn W. KawakamiCalvert G. KeirsteadAnthony S. KellerKathleen W. KelloggStephen G. KendrickColleen M. KeyesKimat G. KhatakJames A. KowalskiKarl J. KrapekJohn E. KreitlerCharles M. KuchenbrodRobert A. LaffinMolly O. LoudenGeorgina I. LucasJanice S. MacferranB. P. MaddenRosalie A. MaloneThomas F. MaloneRichard H. MansfieldTony MarchRobert B. MauterstockE. Merritt McDonoughJon F. McKennaJohn J. MeehanDavid D. MellonStephen B. MiddlebrookGary L. MillerWilliam G. MoldwinRichard T. MulreadyRobert H. NaylorH. Clinton NobleSulayman S. NyangErline M. PatrickEddie PerezMarc A. ReichGeorge M. ReiderEzra H. RippleNancy P. Roberts

Louis W. RomanosJonathan RosenbaumDonna E. SchaperGregory W. SchmidtScott SchooleyAppleton H. SeavernsEdmund M. SeeJ. R. SherlockRalph M. ShulanskyStephen J. SidorakRichard M. SilbereisPaul SmithAndrew D. SmithMarie M. SpiveyMark S. SteinerJessie G. StrattonJoanne F. SusagM. P. SusagBeverly D. TatumSally S. TaylorJoseph M. TobinHumphrey R. TonkinHenry Von WodtkeJohn B. WalshAllen WeintraubPamela P. WestEliot P. WilliamsJames E. WillinghamDonald K. WilsonLincoln S. YoungWalter H. Zultowski

Page 6: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

H A R T F O R D S E M I N A R Y • A N N U A L R E P O R T 2 0 0 6 6

HARTFORD SEMINARYStatement of activities for the fiscal years ended June 30, 2005 and 2006:

2006 2005Total Total

REVENUES ANDOTHER SUPPORT:Programs, scholarships and courses $1,235,653 $1,016,184Less: Student Aid (128,656) (102,862)Student tuition and fees, net 1,106,997 913,322Investment income, net 1,204,123 1,083,498Research and grants 1,100,781 643,330Contributions 779,618 519,183Endowment contributions 551,151 63,298Bookstore 178,555 179,042Rentals 171,896 166,640Duncan Black Macdonald Center 36,795 127,411Library 77,017 28,559Miscellaneous 39,117 89,599

Total revenues and other support 5,246,050 3,813,882

EXPENSES:Programs, scholarships and courses $1,337,061 $1,101,968

Institutional 795,761 875,636Grants 482,073 370,898Depreciation 282,376 303,928Research 342,432 309,593Library 246,628 226,523Bookstore 212,374 212,829Building and grounds 265,565 229,719Institutional advancement 376,661 268,242Duncan Black Macdonald Center 162,074 295,651Administrative 245,131 188,330Public relations 138,659 119,252Technology 120,259 122,494Renovations and maintenance 69,055 70,531

Total expenses 5,076,109 4,695,594

Change in net assets before other income and expense 169,941 (881,712)

OTHER INCOME AND EXPENSE:Net realized/unrealized gain on investments 2,134,291 2,328,973Change in value of assets held in trust 84,318 34,395Gain on sale of assets 1,100,000 0

3,318,609 2,363,368Change in net assets 3,488,550 1,481,656

Net assets, beginning of year 47,097,978 45,616,322

Net assets, end of year $50,586,528 $47,097,978

Page 7: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

H A R T F O R D S E M I N A R Y • A N N U A L R E P O R T 2 0 0 6 7

Trustees (T) President’s Council (PC) Corporators (C) Deceased (D)

LEADERSHIP CIRCLE ($2,500.00 + )Anonymous (1)The Rev. Dr. Ralph E. Ahlberg ‘59 & ‘96 (T)

and Mrs. Beverly Ahlberg Mrs. Nancy C. Butler (T) and Mr. Greg Butler Mrs. Sara F. Carson (PC) and

Mr. David E. A. Carson (PC)Mrs. Audrey M. Casstevens ‘60William J. Cronin (T) and

Ann Policelli Cronin The Rev. Dr. Sarah A. Edwards ‘66 & ‘74 and

The Rev. Robert L. Edwards (PC) (D)Ms. Cornelia P. FordMrs. Jane Sattler Inderstrodt ‘51 and

The Rev. William L. Inderstrodt ‘52The Rev. Stanley C. Kemmerer ‘65 (T) and

Mrs. Nancy Kemmerer Mr. Sergio Mazza (T) and Mrs. Lora L. Mazza Ms. Gertrude Prior (T) and

Mr. Cornelius B. Prior, Jr. Mrs. Kathryn L. Rockwell ‘51 (D)Mr. Robert E. Stevens (PC) and

Mrs. Betty H. Stevens

VISONARY ($1,000.00 + )The Rev. Anne S. AlvordDr. Mohammad Saleem Bajwa (T) and

Mrs. Kaneez Bajwa Mr. David S. Barrett and Mrs. Jill BarrettMrs. Betsy Bergen (C)Martin L. Budd, Esq. (T) and Mrs. Aviva Budd Ms. Allison Chisolm (T)Ms. Jane EllingwoodDr. James N. Gettemy (PC) and

Mrs. Helen M. GettemyDr. Heidi HadsellMrs. M. Jane Jones and

Mr. Lawrence W. JonesMr. Karl J. Krapek (C) and

Mrs. Tina Kay Krapek Mr. Worth Loomis (PC) and

Mrs. Louise E. Loomis Dr. Ronald A. Lundeen and

Mrs. Linda K. LundeenDr. Ian Markham and Mrs. Lesley P. MarkhamMr. Raymond A. McGarrigle (T)Mr. Vanda B. McMurtry (T) and

Mrs. Maria E. McMurtry James K. Robertson, Jr., Esq. ‘98 (T) and

Mrs. JoAnn Robertson Mr. Scott Schooley (C) and

Ms. Giuliana Musilli Dr. Jane I. Smith ‘62 (T)The Rev. Benjamin K. Watts ‘95 and

Mrs. Cynthina WattsThe Rev. Dr. Barbara Brown Zikmund (PC)

and Dr. Joseph Zikmund, II

PACESETTER ($500.00 + )Dr. Ali A. Antar (T) and Dr. Fatma Antar Harold C. Buckingham, Jr., Esq. (C) and

Mrs. Joyce C. Buckingham Mr. John J. Dwyer (C)The Rev. Dr. Eleanor R. Ebersole ‘51 & ‘53

and The Rev. Dr. Jay F. Ebersole ‘53Mrs. Jean Fry Ehinger ‘44Mr. William H. Farley ‘97 (PC) and

Mrs. Ruth C. FarleyMs. Lynn B. Fulkerson ‘93 and

Dr. John P. FulkersonMr. Carl T. Furniss (PC) and

Mrs. Carolyn Furniss Mr. Rashid Hamid (C) and

Ms. Ester Sanches-Naek Dr. Paul Shang Hsin Liao and

Mrs. Janice T. Y. LiaoMr. and Mrs. Everett Miller, IIIDr. Marnie W. Mueller and

Dr. Robert E. MuellerThe Rev. Dr. James R. Nieman and

The Rev. JoAnn A. Post

Through gifts to the Annual Fund, as well asProgram Grants, Special Gifts and In-Kind Gifts andServices, each of our donors strengthens theSeminary and helps it to build a stable future.Through the 2006 Annual Report we say “thankyou” to our donors who keep the Seminary’s workalive locally and internationally. While offering thisheartfelt thanks to all of our donors, we join them inprayer for a more peaceful world.

CONTRIBUTORS

The following list of contribu-tors reflects gifts to the AnnualFund during the fiscal year July1, 2005 to June 30, 2006.These gifts are listed accordingto the giving level. Giving levels are: Leadership Circle($2,500 or more), Visionary,($1,000-$2,499), Pacesetter($500-$999), Investor ($250-$499), Partner ($100-$249),Friend ($50-$99), and Donor($1-$49).

The Annual Fund supportsHartford Seminary’s BlackMinistries Program, ElPrograma de MinisteriosHispanos, the Women’sLeadership Institute, theDuncan Black MacdonaldCenter for the Study of Islamand Christian-MuslimRelations, the HartfordInstitute for Religion Research,the Center for Faith inPractice, the Library andGeneral Operations. A numberof contributions have beenmatched by employers who arelisted separately.

Often donors choose to honor friends and loved ones through Honor Gifts and Memorial Gifts. These are listed accordingly.

Symbols are used in the reportto designate an individual’s status between July 1, 2005 andJune 30, 2006. These symbolsare: Trustee (T), President’sCouncil (PC), Corporator (C),and deceased donors (D). The graduation year for eachalumnus or alumna follows thegraduate’s name.

To report any errors or omissions, please call the Development Associate at (860) 509-9554 or send an email to [email protected].

Hartford Seminary is a special place. Studentsfrom East Hartford to West Africa come here toexplore issues of faithful living. Here at HartfordSeminary we celebrate difference, deepen faith,and prepare peacemakers to work in a religiouslydiverse world. Every single donor contributes tothis important work.

Page 8: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

H A R T F O R D S E M I N A R Y • A N N U A L R E P O R T 2 0 0 6 8

The Rev. Dr. Steven J. Peterson ‘98The Rev. Lyman G. Potter ‘47 and

Mrs. Amy A. Lang PotterMichael R. Rion, Ph.D. (PC) and

Mrs. Nancy C. Rion Mrs. Victoria L. Rogers and

Mr. Patrick V. RogersThe Rev. Dr. Evans F. Sealand, Jr. ‘81

and Mrs. Evelyn SealandEdmund M. See, Esq. (C) and

Mrs. Ellen E. SeeThe Right Rev. Andrew D. Smith (C)

and Mrs. Kate T. Smith Mr. William J. Soter and

Mrs. Sarah R. SoterThe Rev. F. Barry Stipp ‘60 and

Mrs. Colette S. StippThe Rev. Margaret O. Thomas and

Rev. Kenneth J. ThomasDr. Judith B. Welles ‘42 & ‘44The Rev. Grenville Winthrop, III ‘63 and

Mrs. Nancy N. WinthropThe Rev. Dr. Henry G. Wyman ‘56The Rev. Dr. William J. Zito ‘89 & ‘87

and Mrs. Janet Zito

INVESTOR ($250.00 + )Anonymous (1)Dr. Ibrahim M. Abu-Rabi’ and

Mrs. Fatimah BoushabenDr. Efrain Agosto and

Mrs. Olga AgostoMr. Robert M. Annon, Jr. (C) and

Mrs. Dianna Hamborg Annon Dr. Elizabeth T. ArsenioMr. James Baker and

Ms. Christine PalmMr. Carlyle F. Barnes and

Mrs. Elizabeth M. BarnesThe Rev. Paige L. Besse-RankinCourtney B. Bourns, Esq. (C)Dr. Kelton Cobb (T) and

Dr. Heidi GehmanMr. Myron E. Congdon (C)The Rev. George C. Conklin ‘56Mr. Raymond H. Deck (C) and

Mrs. Ronnie A. Deck Ms. Linda T. Eaton ‘97 & ‘00The Rev. Katherine Fagerburg and

Mr. Vernon B. BakerMs. Carole C. FayThe Rev. Robert F. Fenby ‘60 and

Mrs. Leona F. FenbyThe Rev. Dr. Lowell H. Fewster (C) and

The Rev. Julie P. Fewster The Rev. Hugh E. Gackle ‘54 and

Mrs. Corinna Hillman Gackle ‘52Ms. Marilda L. GandaraMr. David H. Gonci and

Ms. Noreen CullenMs. Wendy B. Grammas (T)Dr. Walter L. Harrison (C) and

Mrs. Dianne M. Harrison The Rev. King T. Hayes ‘83 (C) and

Mrs. Doris Hayes Dr. Donald C. Helm ‘62 and

Mrs. Karen R. HelmMr. Ovide G. HogaboomMr. Keith B. Hook and

Mrs. Alexis C. HookMrs. Richard L. HughesMr. S. Edward Jeter (C) and

Mrs. Michael Dewey Jeter (C)Mr. Charles A. Johnson ‘50 and

Mrs. Virginia W. Johnson ‘49Mrs. Fannie M. Jones ‘36Mr. Charles M. Kuchenbrod (C) and

Ms. Rebecca A. Sielman Mr. Forest LaValleyThe Rev. Selva Lehman ‘64Mr. F. Peter Libassi (T) and

Mrs. Mary Fran LibassiThe Rev. Dr. Molly O’Neill Louden (C)Mrs. Janice S. Macferran (C)Mr. John J. Meehan (C) and

Mrs. Pamela M. Meehan Mr. Thomas F. Mullaney, Jr. and

Mrs. Mary MullaneyDonald P. Richter, Esq. (PC) and

Mrs. Jane F. Richter John H. Riege, Esq. (PC) and

Mrs. Sali G. Riege Ms. Amy B. Robinson ‘99 (T)Ms. Edith G. Rodgers ‘02 & ‘03

Ms. Stacey L. SavinThe Rev. J. Richard Sherlock (C) and

Mrs. Diane L. Sherlock Mr. Ralph M. Shulansky (C)Mr. William C. Sidener, Jr.The Rev. E. B. Stanley ‘03Mrs. Joanne F. Susag (C) and

Mr. M. Philip Susag (C)Mr. Eliot P. Williams (C) and

Susan R. Williams

PARTNER ($100.00 + )Anonymous (4)Ms. Marian L. Adams ‘51 and

Mr. Raymond W. Adams ‘51Mrs. Martha O. Adams ‘97Mr. Douglas W. Addison ‘53Dr. Winthrop R. Adkins (C) and

Mrs. Caroline Manuele Adkins Mr. Paul M. AldrichThe Rev. Elizabeth D. Allen and

Mr. Kenneth S. AllenMr. Brian C. Alston ‘01The Rev. James H. Ameling ‘58 and

Mrs. Ann Ameling ‘97Mr. Abdullah T. Antepli and

Mrs. Asuman AntepliMr. R. Regner Arvidson and

Mrs. Carolyn ArvidsonMr. Bader ‘54Bishop LeRoy Bailey, Jr. (C) and

Mrs. Reathie J. BaileyMr. Browne BarrMr. Ken BartelsMrs. Rita A. Bayer and Mr. Paul BayerMs. Judith A. BentonMrs. Carolyn E. BerkeyJohn A. Berman, Esq.(C)The Rev. Dr. Steven Blackburn and

The Rev. Susan WymanMr. Phillip I. BlumbergMr. Auburn A. Boyers ‘61 and

Mrs. Ruth D. BoyersThe Rev. Nehemiah Boynton, III ‘53

and Mrs. Frances BoyntonThe Rev. Dr. William L. Bradley (C) and

Mrs. Paula E. Bradley Ms. Mary Funk Brodhead ‘90The Rev. Frank A. Brooks ‘53 and

Mrs. Margaret E. BrooksThe Rev. Dr. Stuart C. Brush and

Mrs. Laura M. BrushThe Rev. Dr. Cyril C. Burke ‘ 82 (PC)

and Mrs. A. Gloria BurkeThe Rev. Hazel Anne Burnett ‘53Ms. Kimberly C. Burris (C)Mrs. Anne Shaw Calvert ‘ 45 and

The Rev. Robert H. Calvert ‘55The Rev. Beryl J. Capewell ‘54 and

Mr. Marvin G. CapewellMrs. H. Bissell Carey, Jr.Dr. Mable Dosia Carlson ‘60Mrs. Carol A. B. Celella and

Mr. Scott CelellaMs. Juanita R. ChakerianMiss Elizabeth ChapinMs. Jane P. Charette ‘98Mr. Edward A. Charlebois (C) and

Mrs. Julie Charlebois The Rev. Richard Chew Pung Chun ‘49

and Mrs. Thelma King Tau ChunMr. Leonard G. CloughMr. William H. Connelly and

Mrs. Frances F. ConnellyThe Rev. Dr. Terasa G. Cooley (T)David W. Cooney, Esq. and

Mrs. Joan L. CooneyThe Rev. Warren E. Covell ‘59 and

Mrs. Phyllis Storrs Covell ‘56Mr. Les and Mrs. Adriane CropleyMr. Philip DavidsonDr. Forest H. DavisThe Rev. Arpad de Kallos ‘57Mrs. Jean C. Denton (C)Mr. Hans W. DeutschThe Rev. Dr. Richard C. Diehl ‘87 and

Mrs. Mary Frances DiehlMs. Rosanne DruckmanThe Rev. Dr. Carl S. Dudley and

Mrs. Shirley S. DudleyMs. Ruth A. Dudley ‘47 and

Mr. Edwin A. DudleyThe Rev. Lawrence E. Dunn ‘50 and

Mrs. Barbara Dunn ‘50

The Rev. Dwight A. Dutton ‘88 and Mrs. Barbara A. Dutton

Mr. James F. English, Jr. (PC) and Mrs. Isabelle S. C. English

Dr. Joseph H. Evans and Mrs. Harriette C. Evans

Ms. Dorothy E. FinnMr. James A. FitzGeraldMr. Jan FlaskaThe Rev. Dr. Samuel W. Fogal ‘79 and

The Rev. Laurie W. Etter ‘02 & ‘03The Rev. Dr. Lawrence D. Folkemer ‘41

& ‘46 and Mrs. Anna B. FolkemerMs. Anne K. Fries ‘85Mrs. Sydney F. FullerMr. Arthur L. Gaither ‘99 & ‘05 and

Mrs. Alfreda G. GaitherMr. Sidney L. Gardner ‘87Mr. L. Sidney Garvais and

Mrs. Elisabeth O. GarvaisMs. Dorothy R. Gilbert ‘51The Rev. Dr. Janice Glenn ‘01Mr. Samuel R. GoldbergerThe Rev. A. Murray Goodwin and

Mrs. Nancy M. GoodwinDr. Clifford J. Green and

Mrs. Audley J. GreenMr. Arnold C. Greenberg (C)The Rev. Lillian S. Gregory ‘45Mr. R. Nelson Griebel (C) and

Mrs. Kirsten Griebel Mr. James Griffin and Mrs. Meg GriffinThe Rev. Dr. Charles N. Gross ‘67 & ‘79Ms. Tuba GursulThe Rev. Dr. Alvar W. Gustafson ‘82

(PC) and Mrs. Viola A. Gustafson Dr. Yvonne Y. Haddad ‘72 & ‘79 and

Dr. Wadi Z. HaddadMrs. Ruth E. Hadley ‘51 and

Mr. David M. HadleyThe Rev. Dr. John S. Hadsell and

Mrs. Virginia HadsellThe Rev. Ronald C. Hajarian ‘57 and

Mrs. Janet E. HajarianThe Rev. Mr. David C. Hall ‘60Ms. Carmela S. Hansen ‘03 & ‘04Mr. Herbert W. Hansen (PC) and

Mrs. Susan Hansen The Rev. Ernest S. Harris, Jr. ‘68The Rev. Robert A. Heavilin and

Ms. Mary A. Calvert-HeavilinMs. Alyce F. Hild (C) and

Dr. David H. Hild Ms. Lois HillerMs. Lilyne M. HollingworthMr. Richard M. HoweThe Rev. James E. Humphrey ‘63 & ‘64

and Mrs. Alice F. HumphreyMs. Loreli Jenkins and

The Rev. George W. JenkinsMrs. James Jewett and

Mrs. Alida JewettMrs. Winnifred Irene Kirby Johnson

‘29Mrs. Kathleen S. Johnston ‘50The Rev. Dr. Samuel T. Kaetzel ‘54 and

The Rev. Dr. Reka B. Kaetzel ‘47 & ‘54Ms. Doris KammradtMs. Dawn M. KarlsonThe Rev. Melvyn W. Kawakami (C) and

Mrs. Dorothy Kramer Kawakami Mrs. Dorothy N. Kelley ‘53 and

Mr. John F. KelleyProfessor Colleen M. Keyes ‘04 (C)

and Mr. Mohamad HartleyDr. Uriah Y. Kim (T) and

Mrs. Crystal KimDr. Tukyul A. Kimm ‘59 & ‘62Mr. Robert C. Knox, IIIThe Rev. Doris C. KramerMs. Ilona W. Kwiecien ‘02The Rev. Dr. James L. LaMarThe Rev. Robert C. Lane ‘52 and

The Rev. Fidelia A. Lane ‘52Mr. John C. Lang (T) and

Mrs. Carol LangThe Rev. Richard W. Larson ‘83 and

Mrs. Anne M. LarsonMs. Jane A. LennoxMrs. Roseann Lezak Janow and

Mr. Marvin R. JanowMs. Margaret LezakMrs. Herminia T. Littleton ‘58 & ‘60Mrs. Barbara E. Lowell

Ms. Mary Ann W. Lundy and Mr. Donald J. Wilson

Dr. Thomas F. Malone (C) and Mrs. Rosalie A. Malone (C)

The Rev. John G. ManterThe Rev. Kenneth C. Margrey ‘65Dr. Ingrid Mattson and Mr. Amer AatekMs. Dorothy F. McDougald ‘92The Rev. J. Alan McLean ‘70 and

Mrs. Joan M. McLeanThe Rev. Robert A. McWaid ‘64 & ‘69Mrs. Mary Alice Wagner Medlicott ‘48The Rev. Dr. Jay P. Mitchell ‘82 and

Mrs. Priscilla R. MitchellThe Rev. William G. Moldwin ‘60 (C)

and Mrs. Rosalind L. Moldwin Ms. Margaret MooreDr. Fred F. MudawwarGeorge and Vicky MunsonMr. John Davis Murphy and

Mrs. Edith W. MurphyThe Rev. Robert H. Naylor (C) and

Mrs. Gretchen H. Naylor Ms. Phyllis W. NicholasThe Rev. Dr. Roger S. Nicholson ‘84and\ Mrs. Anne NicholsonMr. H. Clinton Noble (C)The Rev. Dr. Richard T. Nolan ‘63Dr. Douglas R. NorellThe Rev. Marjorie NunesMr. Evan M. Odden ‘60Mr. Deane B. Olson ‘02 and

Ms. Judith B. OlsonThe Rev. John W. Olson ‘61 and

Mrs. Doris A. OlsonThe Rev. Paul M. Opsahl ‘61The Rev. Arthur R. Orth ‘64The Rev. Joseph L. Pace ‘00Ms. Carmen Utzurrum Pak ‘51Mrs. Margaret Sweetland Patricelli

(PC) and Mr. Robert E. Patricelli The Rev. Gustave E. Peterson ‘90 (D)

and Mrs. Barbara A. PetersonMr. Daniel W. PettengillMiss Mary Lou Pettit ‘53The Rev. James M. PhillipsMr. James W. Pollock ‘61 and

Mrs. Rachel B. PollockThe Rev. Frank PooleThe Rev. Harry B. Poppe, Jr.’41 & ‘50

and Mrs. Barbara Peck Poppe ‘39, ‘46, & ‘49

The Rev. Dr. Mark E. Porizky and Mrs. Barbara Porizky

The Rev. John E. Post ‘52 andMrs. Gloria C. Post

Ms. Betty Jane Rector ‘52 & ‘64Mr. George M. Reider, Jr. (C)Mr. Edward J. Requardt ‘54The Rev. Persida Rivera-MendezMs. Nancy P. Roberts (C) and

Mr. Stephen L. Roberts Mr. Philip R. RobertsMs. Susan Jameson RohbackMr. John G. Rohrbach and

Mrs. Caroline H. RohrbachDr. David Roozen and

Mrs. Suzanne RoozenBob and Trudy RosensweigMr. James H. Rotondo and

Mrs. Anne RotondoShuja U. Saleem, M.D.Mrs. Priscilla S. Savage ‘51The Rev. John E. Scavo ‘56 and

Mrs. Susan L. Scavo ‘56Mrs. Jennifer Schimmel and

Mr. Jeffrey E. StanleyRobert N. Schmalz, Esq. (PC)Mr. Phil SchonbergerMr. Appleton H. Seaverns (C)Ms. Guat Kwee SeeMs. Lisa N. ShebleThe Rev. Dr. Donald A. Simpson ‘47

and Mrs. Elizabeth B. SimpsonMs. Geraldine Messina Smith ‘58Ms. Shirley M. Smith ‘57Rev. Linda L. SnyderMrs. Margaret SoterMs. Susan W. Stedman ‘70Ms. Karen Stockton and

Mr. Andrew StocktonDr. Frank A. StoneThe Rev. Dr. Robert K. Sweet, Jr. ‘62 &

‘78 and Mrs. Elizabeth A. Sweet

CONTRIBUTORS continued

Page 9: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

H A R T F O R D S E M I N A R Y • A N N U A L R E P O R T 2 0 0 6 9

The Rev. Dr. Kenneth W. Taylor ‘78 (PC) and Mrs. Jo Anne Y. Taylor

Mrs. Sally S. Taylor (C) and Allan B. Taylor, Esq.

Dr. LeRoy Neal Testerman ‘59 andMrs. M. Warene Testerman

The Rev. Oliver N. Thomas ‘55 andMrs. Carol J. Thomas

The Honorable Alvin W. ThompsonDr. Scott L. Thumma and

Mrs. Jennifer L. ThummaDr. Humphrey R. Tonkin (C) and

Dr. Jane S. Edwards Dr. Phillip E. Trowbridge (PC) and

Mrs. Fay R. Trowbridge The Rev. Henry W. Tuttle ‘54Ms. Valerie S. VickDr. Ben F. Wade ‘66 and

Mrs. Ben F. WadeMr. Jon W. Webber and

Mrs. Marilyn R. WebberMiss Virginia Webber ‘47Mrs. Margery P. WeedMr. Joseph Wei ‘92Ms. Pamela Partridge West (C) and

Mr. L. Clark West Ms. Joanne T. White ‘97Ms. Meg Wichser ‘03The Rev. Harry Widman ‘52The Rev. Bruce M. Williams ‘67The Rev. Karen B. WoodruffThe Rev. Robert G. Woodward and

Mrs. Susan B. WoodwardCynthia A. Woolever, Ph.D.The Rev. Robert W. Wright ‘55 & ‘60Mrs. Cynthia D. Yee ‘63Ms. Jean E. YoungThe Rev. Thomasina A. YuilleThe Rev. Helen A. Zigmund

FRIEND ($50.00 + )Anonymous (6)Ms. Gail Adams ‘99 and

Mr. Wayne H. CosteMr. Hanson Adams ‘87Dr. Jack W. Ammerman and

Dr. Nancy Tatom AmmermanMrs. Gloria AmmonsThe Rev. Dr. Lynn W. Anderson and

Rev. Shirley E. AndersonMs. Doris M. Armstrong (C)The Rev. Donald R. Asman ‘60 and

Mrs. Judy AsmanThe Rev. Charles D. Baboian ‘55 and

Mrs. Sandra H. BaboianMr. Thomas O. BarnesMr. Chris BarrettThe Rev. Gordon S. Bates ‘64 and

Mrs. Wanda B. BatesRev. W. Raymond Berry ‘54 (D) and

Shirley N. Berry ‘54Dr. Willem A. Bijlefeld and

Mrs. Ineke BijlefeldMr. David J. Blume and

Mrs. Mary K. BlumeMrs. Doreen A. Bottone ‘90 and

Mr. Timothy BottoneThe Rev. Marilyn S. Breckenridge ‘63

and The Rev. Thomas R. Breckenridge ‘64

The Rev. Dr. Shirlee M. Bromley ‘90Dr. Stanley Elwood Brush ‘58 and

Mrs. Beverly A. Brush ‘58Dr. Linda Hathaway Bunza ‘71Ms. Kathleen Cahill ‘03The Rev. Thomas G. Carr (C) and

Mrs. Peggy S. Carr Dr. Jackson W. Carroll and

Mrs. Anne E. CarrollThe Rev. Alan D. Carvalho ‘61Mr. Richard H. Cave and

Mrs. Roxanne C. CaveThe Rev. Dr. Mathew ChethipurackalChacko ‘56 & ‘73 and

Mrs. Ruthamma Thomas ChackoThe Rev. Dr. Kathleen O. Chesto andMr. Edmund ChestoDr. Alverna Miller CobbMr. Malcolm C. Cochran ‘95 and

Mrs. Sandy CochranMr. Scott E. CromMs. Claire K. Dalidowitz ‘94 and

Mr. Richard J. DalidowitzMs. Mary E. Dansinghani

Ms. Nancy Dartnall ‘98Ms. Jeannette Davis ‘50Mrs. Mary Hamlin Dixon ‘68 and

Mr. H. Brice DixonMs. Martha DuBoisMrs. Eugene C. DuryeeMr. Archer L. Edgar (C) and

Mrs. Pauline Edgar Mr. John L. Emery and

Mrs. Hope EmeryMrs. Sarah N. EmmelThe Rev. Dr. V. Donald Emmel ‘81 and

Mrs. Esther E. EmmelMs. Jean EnslingDr. Robert A. Evans and

Professor Alice Frazer EvansMiss Alice E. Ewing ‘53Ms. Janet B. Fierman and

Dr. Eugene FiermanDr. Thomas E. Fisher and

Mrs. Clara Joe FisherMs. M. Burch Tracy Ford and

Mr. Brian W. FordKarl A. Fransson, Esq. ‘72 (C)Miss Violet GelorminoMs. Cecile H. Gilson ‘92Ms. Delores P. GrahamMr. Richard Maxwell GrantMrs. Margaret Haagenstad ‘58 and

Mr. Ronald G. HaagenstadJ. C. David Hadden, Esq.Ms. Gwendolyn S. Haley ‘03Mr. Robert D. Haller (C) (D) and

Mrs. Wendy M. Haller Mr. Howard L. Harris ‘47The Rev. Philip B. HartThe Rev. James D. HarveyThe Rev. Leroy N. Hastings ‘51The Rev. Dr. Ivan O. Hawk, III ‘92 & ‘95

and Mrs. Peggy A. HawkMr. Robert Herman and

Mrs. Frances HermanThe Rev. David S. Hill ‘58Mrs. Frances Forsell Horton ‘45Mrs. Shirley H. Hoskins ‘42 and

Mr. Stanley L. HoskinsMs. Lindsey V. Huddleston and

Mr. Richard H. HuddlestonMs. L. Judy JacksonThe Rev. Glendon C. Jantzi ‘57The Rev. Dr. Phillip C. Joubert, Sr.The Rev. Dr. Donald H. Ketcham ‘86

and Mrs. Carol Carpenter KetchamMiss Helen L. Kilquist ‘56Mr. Wilson KimnachMr. Daniel R. KingmanThe Rev. Dr. Mary D. Klaaren ‘96 and

Dr. Eugene KlaarenMrs. Alice Leatherman ‘50The Rev. Thomas H. Lindeman and

Mrs. Joan W. LindemanThe Rev. Dr. Robert K. Loesch ‘71 & ‘87Ms. Elaine T. LowengardMs. Phyllis Luidens Reed ‘60Dr. Adair LummisMs. Eleanor Manire-Gatti ‘00Ms. Donna K. Manocchio and

Mr. David A. LewisMs. Ann L. Marino ‘98Mr. Stephen S. Marino ‘01Revs. Daniel and Ruth Martin ‘59Ms. Linda Mayo-PerezMs. Anne Clark McGuinness ‘99 & ‘05Mr. Jon F. McKenna (C)The Rev. Howard W. McKinney ‘46

and Mrs. Flora S. McKinneyMr. Robert E. Meditz and

Mrs. Linda MeditzDr. Roland E. Miller ‘54 & ‘73 and

Mrs. Mary Helen MillerThe Rev. John H. Minott ‘69 and

Mrs. Elizabeth L. MinottMrs. Betty J. MooneyHallie E. Moore, M.D.Ms. Mary Lee Morrison and

Dr. William B. UpholtMs. Rosemary L. Moynihan ‘99 and

Mr. Timothy J. MoynihanMr. Salahuddin M. MuhammadThe Rev. Aubrey L. MurphyThe Rev. B. Joanne MyerThe Rev. Joyce B. Myers-Brown ‘62

and The Rev. Edward M. BrownMrs. L. June B. Nelson

Mrs. Nancy Jo Nelson ‘60 and Mr. Nelson

The Rev. Dr. Ben E. J. New ‘82 andMrs. Mary Helen New

Dr. Robert Rue Parsonage ‘75James S. Peters, II, Ph.D. ‘42Mr. David A. Phelps and

Mrs. Margaret PhelpsMs. Lois Ann PikeThe Rev. Edgar G. Prasse and

The Rev. Barbara PrasseMs. Judith C. RadaschMrs. Carolyn RallsDr. Shyamala RamanMrs. Beatrice C. Rocker and

Mr. Clay A. RockerMs. Karen B. Rollins ‘99Dr. Wayne G. RollinsThe Rev. Kurt V. Satherlie ‘00 and

Mrs. Lu Ann Mawhinney SatherlieDr. Oswald O. Schrag ‘45 & ‘48 and

Mrs. Orpha SchragThe Rev. Dr. Carl F. Schultz ‘86 and

Mrs. Della M. SchultzMrs. Viola R. ShellyThe Rev. J. Barrie Shepherd ‘72The Rev. Dr. Dwight D. Snesrud ‘59

and Mrs. Catherine Hawkes SnesrudMs. Marie M. Spivey (C)The Rev. Connie SternbergMs. Dorothy SterpkaMs. Anne P. StreeterDr. Ralph R. Sundquist and

Mrs. Bernita W. SundquistMs. Jeann R. TerrazzanoThe Rev. Andrew D. Terwilleger ‘70and\ Mrs. Priscilla C. TerwillegerMrs. Carol J. Thomas and

The Rev. Oliver N. ThomasMs. Joan M. ThorburnThe Rev. Dr. William P. Tolley ‘53 & ‘58

(D) and Mrs. Nancy S. Tolley ‘57Mr. Arthur L. Tucker and

Mrs. June P. TuckerMs. Betsy C. Van Loon ‘00 and

Mr. Peter A. Van LoonThe Rev. Dr. Wallace T. Viets ‘50 and

Mrs. Evelyn VietsThe Rev. Frank A. Vietze ‘61 and

Mrs. Barbara Ann VietzeThe Rev. Joseph E. Vujs ‘87Ms. Sharon K. Waber and

Mr. John WaberThe Rev. Dr. Richard L. Waddell, Jr.

and Mrs. Shirley G. WaddellMs. Alice F. WalkerMs. Kathleen E. WheelerDr. Jacqueline L. WhiteMr. Othneil G. Williams, Jr. and

Ms. Janice Wood WilliamsMrs. E. Joy Kattner Wilson ‘47Ms. Nancy A. Wood

DONOR ($1.00 + )Anonymous (2)Mr. Robert F. Amstutz ‘56 and

Myrtle WasserThe Rev. John S. Anderson ‘44 (D) and

Mrs. Elaine H. AndersonMrs. Susan Andrus Olson and

Mr. Jon OlsonDr. John James Arnold ‘60 & ‘67 and

Mrs. Rhea V. H. ArnoldMrs. Julie AroianThe Rev. Richard H. Aulenbach ‘51 and

Mrs. Romaine E. AulenbachMr. Robert P. BagioniThe Rev. Dr. Donald H. Baker ‘31 and

Ms.Eidth YakeMr. Myron L. Baldwin, Jr.Hocine BaoucheMrs. Emily BarrettDr. Robbins W. Barstow, Jr. ‘42 and

Mrs. Margaret V. BarstowDr. Robert BatchelderMr. John C. Batchman and

Mrs. Vera L. BatchmanMrs. Priscilla Coffin BaxterThe Rev. Paul F. Beech ‘48 and

Mrs. Muriel A. BeechMr. Robert S. BernsteinChaplain Karen L. Bixby ‘ 91 and

Mr. James A. BixbyThe Rev. Virginia Roger Black

Ms. Jo Ann B. BourquardDr. George N. Bowers, Jr. and

Mrs. Myra H. BowersMs. Mary A. Breen ‘99 and

Mr. Thomas F. Breen, IIIMs. Linda D. BronsteinThe Rev. Jean C. Brown ‘93Mr. John BulloughMs. Sharon M. BurtMrs. Carolyn Brooks Burton ‘89Mrs. Sally A. CarotenutiMrs. Polly U. ChampMr. John E. Church and

Mrs. Dorothy B. ChurchMs. Julie L. ClarkMiss Mary C. Clarke ‘49Mr. J. Larry CochranMs. Joanne E. Coghill and

Mr. John D. CoghillMs. Victoria A. Cole-Galo ‘97 and

Mr. Ezequiel L. GaloMs. Midge ColumboMiss Linda ConnickThe Rev. Malcolm S. Crook ‘49 and

Mrs. Katherine A. CrookMr. Lawrence A. Day ‘70 and

Mrs. Barbara M. DayThe Rev. Canon William D. Dwyer and

Mrs. Utako Shiraishi DwyerMs. Alisa DzananovicThe Rev. George W. Easton ‘64 and

Mrs. Anne L. EastonThe Rev. Vernon Thomas Edward ‘67

and Mrs. Doris McBride Edward ‘66 & ‘67

The Rev. Mason B. Ellison and Mrs. Roberta Ellison

Mr. Richard W. Faux and Mrs. Kathleen A. Faux

Ms. Rita A. Fiero ‘92Mrs. Katherine Fitzgerald and

Mr. Chris FitzgeraldJoy and Roger FloydMs. Dorothea FulkersonMrs. Harriet T. FullerMiss Nathena H. FullerMr. Samuel S. Fuller and

Mrs. Jane P. FullerDr. J. Edward Gates ‘68 and

Mrs. Marion M. GatesMs. Mary GoodwinMs. Pamela GriffinMs. Ruth GriffinMrs. Betty Johnson Harrison ‘45Mr. Dirk J. HartMrs. Jane J. Hart ‘48The Rev. Doris Hartman ‘41Mrs. Thelma Prince Hedges ‘52Mr. Raymond W. Holland, III and

Ms. Elizabeth AugustineMs. Virginia M. HorriganMs. Patricia Ann Houge ‘59Ms. Laurie IgnarroMs. Ethel R. JohnsonMs. Robin L. Johnson and

Mr. Steven JohnsonDr. Robert M. Johnston ‘77Ms. Andrea Lynn JonesMs. Mary-Beth JordanMrs. Debbie B. Kaynor and

Mr. Ken W. KaynorMr. Calvert G. Keirstead (C) and

Mrs. Phyllis T. Keirstead The Rev. Dr. Gregory G. Kendall ‘67

and Mrs. Janet L. KendallMs. Shirley KieferThe Rev. Harry C. King, Jr. ‘57Mr. Clifford LedgisterMs. Florence M. LeducThe Rev. Agnes M. Lee ‘62Ms. Christy LohrThe Rev. Betty Stone LudwigMr. Daniel J. Martin and

Ms. Mary MartinMr. James N. Mason, Jr.The Rev. Dr. Wallace C. Matsen (PC)

and Mrs. Lorene Matsen Mrs. Janet McKenna Matson ‘40The Rev. Ruth E. McCartyThe Rev. John W. McKinstry ‘62 and

Mrs. Anne P. McKinstryMr. Theodore P. McKnight and

Mrs. Martha L. McKnightMs. Dorothy H. McLachlan

CONTRIBUTORS continued

Page 10: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

H A R T F O R D S E M I N A R Y • A N N U A L R E P O R T 2 0 0 6 1 0

Synagogues, Churches,Mosques and OtherReligious InstitutionsCalvary Baptist ChurchNorwalk, CT

Central Baptist ChurchHartford, CT

Columbia Congregational ChurchColumbia, CT

Community Baptist ChurchNew Haven, CT

East Granby Congregational ChurchEast Granby, CT

Ellington Congregational ChurchEllington, CT

Enfield Congregational ChurchEnfield, CT

Episcopal Diocese of ConnecticutHartford, CT

Faith Congregational ChurchHartford, CT

First Baptist Church of West HartfordWest Hartford, CT

First Church in WindsorWindsor, CT

First Church of ChristNew Haven, CT

The First Church of Christ,CongregationalFarmington, CT

First Church of Christ, CongregationalRedding Center, CT

First Congregational ChurchWatertown, CT

First Congregational ChurchCanton Center, CT

First Congregational Church ofBloomfieldBloomfield, CT

First Congregational Church of SouthWindsorSouth Windsor, CT

First Congregational ChurchBristol, CT

First Presbyterian ChurchAllentown, PA

Fisher Island Union ChapelFishers Island, CT

Immanuel Congregational ChurchHartford, CT

Islamic Association of GreaterHartfordBerlin, CT

Memorial Baptist ChurchHartford, CT

National Association ofCongregational Christian ChurchesOak Creek, WI

Pilgrim Way Baptist ChurchWindsor, CT

The Presbytery of Southern NewEnglandOld Saybrook, CT

Prospect Congregational ChurchProspect, CT

Rocky Hill Congregational ChurchRocky Hill, CT

Roxbury Congregational ChurchRoxbury, CT

Saint Andrew’s AbbeyNewbury, VT

Seymour Congregational ChurchSeymour, CT

Somers Congregational ChurchSomers, CT

South Congregational ChurchEast Hartford, CT

South Congregational ChurchMiddletown, CT

St. James Episcopal ChurchDanbury, CT

St. John’s Episcopal ChurchWest Hartford, CT

St. Mark’s Episcopal ChurchBridgeport, CT

St. Paul North United Church of ChristCincinnati, OH

St. Stephen’s Episcopal ChurchBloomfield, CT

The Congregational Church of LaconiaLaconia, NH

Union Baptist ChurchHartford, CT

Unity Hill, UCCTrumbull, CT

West Avon Congregational Church280 Country Club Road Avon, CT06001

Westminster Presbyterian Church2080 Boulevard West Hartford, CT06107

Windham Association of the CTConference of the United Church ofChristWillimantic, CT

Corporate Giving

Ace Advance Paper Company, Inc. New Britain, CT

ADT Security Services Wallingford, CT

All Waste, Inc. Hartford, CT

Continental Landscaping Windsor, CT

Crown Super Market West Hartford, CT

Custom Framing Depot, LLC West Hartford, CT

EMCORE Services Vernon, CT

Lebon Press, Inc. Hartford, CT

Lonsdale Elevator Service Company Vernon, CT

Midpoint Mechanical, LLC Hartford, CT

Protek Security Systems, Inc. East Hartford, CT

RC Knox & Company Hartford, CT

Robinson & Cole, LLP Hartford, CT

Stanley Wiesen Incorporated Hartford, CT

Superior Office Systems Wethersfield, CT

The Spencer Turbine Company Windsor, CT

Ulvi S. Gurer, Master Electrician Coventry, CT

United Technologies Corporation Farmington, CT

United Way of the Capital Area Hartford, CT

Visual Concepts Windsor, CT

West Hartford Laundromat West Hartford, CT

Honor GiftsIn celebration of my twin grandsons,

Reid Marshall Williams and Grantham Anderson Williams (born June 2005), by Bruce M. Williams

In honor of Wayne Rood by Carmen M. Pak

In honor of my daughter by Pamela Ozyck

In honor of George Kokines by Philip Davidson

In honor of Heidi Hadsell by West Avon Congregational Church where she preached in December 2005

Memory GiftsIn memory of Frank Gatti’s daughter

Jane Gatti Rodman by Eleanor Manire-Gatti (2)

In memory of Dr. Robert F. Berkey by Frank A. Stone

In memory of Anne L. (Rose) Widman‘52 by Harry G. Widman

In memory of Michael S. Littleton by Herminia C. Littleton

In memory of Mr. Siddiq A. Sattar byS. E. Jeter

In memory of my father, Irving Berkelhammer, by Wendy B. Grammas

Special GiftsAbrahamic Partnerships

Ms. Gertrude Prior and Mr. Cornelius B. Prior, Jr.St. Thomas, Virgin Islands

Carson Fund for International StudentsMrs. Sara F. Carson and Mr. David E. A. CarsonHartford, CT

Congregational Relations ProgramThe First Church of Christ, Congregational Farmington, CT

Immanuel Congregational ChurchHartford, CT

Mrs. Victoria Rogers and Mr. Patrick RogersHartford, CT

Westminster Presbyterian ChurchWest Hartford, CT

Islamic Chaplaincy Program ScholarshipIslamic Society of Western

CONTRIBUTORS continued

Dr. Esther L. Megill ‘60 & ‘66The Rev. Dr. David D. Mellon (C) and

Mrs. Nancy O. Mellon Ms. Andrea MinelliMs. Martha MonroeMrs. Betty M. Morcom and

Mr. William M. MorcomMs. Sara L. Moriarty ‘00The Rev. Monsignor Michael J. Motta

‘83Ms. Sally MullaneMr. Craig M. NowakMs. Pamela OzyckMs. Nancy J. Parker ‘70The Rev. Rose-Lee A. Petronella and

Mr. Daniel PetronellaThe Rev. Richard S. Pryce and

Mrs. Gail E. PryceThe Rev. Dr. James Deotis Roberts and

Mrs. Elizabeth F. RobertsMs. Mary Jane RossMs. Marie A. RoveroMs. Amanda D. Royce-HaleThe Rev. Dr. Charles T. Russ ‘60 & ‘64

and Mrs. Dorothy I. RussMr. A. Harry SandersThe Rev. Dr. Virginia A. Sargent ‘52Mrs. Dorothy E. Schonefeld ‘60Ms. Audrey J. ScottiMr. Edwin W. ShieldsThe Rev. Dr. Stephen J. Sidorak, Jr. (C)

and Ms. Eileen M. Richters-Sidorak The Rev. George H. Sinclair, Jr. ‘57 &

‘64 and Mrs. Marjorie L. SinclairMrs. Caroline G. SmithMr. Aaron R. SpiegelThe Rev. Dr. Michael Boyd StevensRev. Nona H. StewartThe Rev. Winthrop E. Stone ‘53 and

The Rev. Callie S. Stone ‘52Mr. Saadat SyedRabbi Robert H. TobinMs. Julia van DykeThe Rev. John C. Van Epps ‘98Mr. Vincent VuThe Rev. Dr. Lawrence A. Washburn,

Sr. ‘59 & ‘80Mr. Beryl WeinsteinMr. John R. WickMrs. Sheryl Wiggins and

Mr. Keith A. WigginsMr. Reginald G. WildeThe Rev. David C. Williams ‘61 & ‘64Miss Marjorie J. Williams ‘53Dr. Miriam Therese Winter, MMSMrs. Nancy WittlerDr. Leonard W. T. Wolcott ‘39 and

Mrs. Carolyn Muller Wolcott ‘37 & ‘42

The Rev. William Y. Wong ‘58 & ‘59 and Mrs. Lucy H. Wong ‘60

Mrs. Mary F. Zambrano

Page 11: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,

H A R T F O R D S E M I N A R Y • A N N U A L R E P O R T 2 0 0 6 1 1

MassachusettsWest Springfield, MA

Dr. Mohammad Saleem Bajwa and Mrs. Kaneez BajwaSouth Hadley, MA

New Horizons Scholarship FundDr. Jacqueline L. WhitePeoria, IL

Programa de Ministerios HispanosCongregational Church in South GlastonburySouth Glastonbury, CT

Ralph & Beverly Ahlberg Endownment Scholarship for Study in Christian/Muslim RelationsThe First Congregational Church of GreenwichOld Greenwich, CT

Said Nursi Endowed Scholarship FundSoz Publications Istanbul, Turkey

Visit America Fund for InternationalStudentsImmanuel Congregational ChurchHartford, CT

Women’s Leadership InstituteMrs. M. Jane Jones and Mr. Lawrence W. JonesWapakoneta, OH

Foundation GivingAetna Foundation, Inc.

Hartford, CT

Barnabas Foundation, Inc.Tarrifville, CT

J. Walton Bissell FoundationWest Hartford, CT

E. Rhodes and Leone B. Carpenter FoundationPhiladelphia, PA

The Ruth Conant Trust FundHartford, CT

The Colyton FoundationNew York, NY

The William and Mary Greve Foundation, Inc.New York, NY

Peter and Mary Fran Libassi FoundationBoston, MA

The Lilly Endowment, Inc.Indianapolis, IN

Francis Asbury Palmer FundPittsburgh, PA

Alan B. Slifka Foundation, Inc.New York City, NY

Matching GiftsAetna Foundation, Inc.

Princeton, NJ

ExxonMobil FoundationPrinceton, NJ

Phoenix FoundationHartford, CT

SBC FoundationPrinceton, NJ

United Technologies CorporationFarmington, CT

IBM CorporationResearch Triangle Park, NC

In-Kind Gifts and ServicesJames Baker Design

Hartford, CT

Carl and Shirley DudleyHartford, CT

George W. EastonEssex, CT

Judith GrantGlastonbury, CT

International Graphics, Inc.Beltsville, MD

Lewis and Julia H. ManchesterPetaluma, CA

Ruth MartzWest Hartford, CT

Doreen McFarlaneWest Hartford, CT

Philip L. MunnGlastonbury, CT

To lead and live

faithfullyin today’s multi-faithand pluralistic world

Page 12: Hartford Seminary Annual Report 2006 · H AR TF ORDS EMINAR Y• ANNU AL REPOR T2006 2 Greetings. I welcome you to our 2006 Annual Report. As you can see from this issue of Praxis,