This quiz was prepared for juniors in my college, the questions were designed to motivate students. And attract them to quizzing.The questions are primarily based on Indian auto world.
Text of Auto quiz for beginners
RULES Total four rounds 4 oral rounds and 1 AV round Pounce method +10 for direct/pass +15/-10 for pouncing Decision of quiz master is final
MERA BHARATH MAHAAN!
1. What was originally made by Vishwakarma for Brahma, later gifted to Kubera by Bhrahma and finally stolen by Kuberas half-brother? 4
2. X is an SUV which designed to carry 7or 10 people in it. It is available in AC and non-AC variants. This is a very popular vehicle in India. The basic design is based on the Armada Grand. The first generation X was equipped with a Peugeot 2.5L IDI engine which produced 75bhp. The second generation was released with slightly modified exteriors and the major change was the engine, a 2.5l in-house mill. It is powered by a 72 bhp (54 kW) 2523 cc turbo- charged direct injection diesel engine. 6
3. During the 1980s, the company introduced motorcycles that were popular in India for their fuel economy and low cost. A popular advertising campaign based on the slogan 'Fill it Shut it Forget it' that emphasised the motorcycle's fuel efficiency helped the company grow at a double-digit pace since inception. The technology in the bikes of X for almost 26 years (19842010) has come from the foreign counterpart. X has three manufacturing facilitiesbased at Dharuhera, Gurgaon in Haryana and at Haridwar in Uttarakhand. 8
4. R.C. Bhargava was the initial managing director of the company since the inception of the joint venture. Till today he is regarded as instrumental for the success of X. Joining in 1982 he held several key positions in the company before heading the company as Managing Director. Currently he is on the Board of Directors.After completing his five-year tenure, Mr. Bhargava later assumed the office of Part-Time Chairman. On 18 July 2012, X Manesar plant was hit by violence as workers at one of its auto factories attacked supervisors and starteda fire that killed a company official and injured 100 managers, including two Japanese expatriates. 10
5. The X was a model of car manufactured by Hindustan Motors(HM) of India. It was based on the GM Vauxhall Victor FE that was made till 1979 (called VX Series in the last years of production). When introduced in 1983, it was one of the few Indian manufactured luxury cars in the market. One of its few indigenous competitors was the short-lived Standard 2000 which was based on the Rover SD1. The X was a popular choice amongst government officials. X production ended in 2002. 12
6. In December 2000 Girish Wagh was given a brief by Ravi Kant to create a new very light truck line that would add to current truck range. It was to be economical and to take on the three-wheeled cargo auto rickshaws in the Indian market.Based on this brief Wagh approached users of three-wheel cargo rickshaws and got their feed back on ****'s future four-wheel cargo vehicle. The feedback indicated the need for an economical vehicle that could take light loads over short distances. Additionally the feedback also revealed that future owners would prefer owning a four-wheeler cargo vehicle for the perceived prestige it would offer over a three-wheeled vehicle. X has created a new mini segment in India. Priced between 2.25 to 3.35 lakhs INR, the company aims to convert three-wheeler users to four-wheelers. 14
AUDIENCE Sumanth Molgoankar was pioneer in automobile engineering in India. He worked at TATA Motors and helped them to establish themselves. Which iconic product was introduced by TATA in Indian market as a gratitude towards his contrivutions. 16
1. Two magazine publishers, Peter Heldt of The Horseless Age, and Horace Swetland of The Automobile were advocates of the concepts for X. Heldt wrote an editorial in June 1902 in which he said, "Now there is a noticeable tendency for automobile manufacturers to follow certain accepted lines of construction, technical questions constantly arise which seek solution from the cooperation of the technical men connected with the industry. These questions could best be dealt with by a technical society. The field of activity for this society would be the purely technical side of automobiles.
2. The auto rickshaw, called X ,meaning three- wheeler in Thailand, is a widely used form of urban transport in Bangkok and other Thai cities. It is particularly popular where traffic congestion is a major problem, such as in Bangkok and Nakhon Ratchasima. The name is onomatopoeic, mimicking the sound of a small (often two-cycle) engine.
3. The overlapping of the two perpendicular ovals inside the larger oval represent the mutually beneficial relationship and trust between the customer and the company, while the larger oval surrounding both of these inner ovals represents the "global expansion of X's technology and unlimited potential for the future
4. The first reaction is the decomposition of NaN3 under high temperature conditions using an electric impulse. This impulse generates to 300 C temperatures required for the decomposition of the NaN3 which produces Na metal and N2 gas. Since Na metal is highly reactive, the KNO3 and SiO2 react and remove it, in turn producing more N2 gas. The reason that KNO3 is used rather than something like NaNO3 is because it is less hygroscopic. It is very important that the materials used in this reaction are not hygroscopic because absorbed moisture can de-sensitize the system and cause the reaction to fail. The final reaction is used to eliminate the K2O and Na2O produced in the previous reactions because the first-period metal oxides are highly reactive. These products react with SiO2 to produce a silicate glass which is a harmless and stable compound
5. "C" indicates a coupe or cabriolet body style. "D" indicates the vehicle is equipped with a diesel engine. "E" (for "Einspritzung") indicates the vehicle's engine is equipped with petrol fuel injection. In most cases (the 600 limousine being the exception), if neither "E" or "D" is present, the vehicle has a petrol engine with a carburettor. "G" indicates the Gelndewagen off-road vehicle. "K" was used in the 1930s, indicating a supercharger ("Kompressor") equipped engine. "L" indicates "Leicht" (lightweight) for sporting models, and "Lang" (long-wheelbase) for sedan models. "R" indicates "Rennen" (racing), used for racing cars "S" Sonderklasse "Special class" for flagship models. "T" indicates "Touring" and an estate (or station wagon) body style.
AUDIENCE The first long distance automobile driver was a lady. On 5 August 1888, without telling her husband and without permission of authorities,in one of the newly patented motor wagen ,she drove from Manheim to Pforzheim-a 106km long route. In doing so she brought her husbands invention worldwide attention and got the company its first sales. Identify the lady.
1. The team entered the last rounds of the 2012 season under the name MSDRN Racing Team India with two Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R for wildcard riders Florian Marino and Dan Linfoot. Linfoot took the first podium finish for the team in the last round of the season inMagny-Cours.Telugu Film Superstar Akkineni Nagarjuna is also a key member of X. For the 2013 season the team name changed to X and two new riders were signed, the 2012 World Supersport champion Kenan Sofuoluand Fabien Foret.
3. The circuit is part of the 2,500 acres (10 km2) Jaypee Greens Sports City, which will also include a 100,000 seating capacity international cricket stadium, 18-hole golf course, 25,000 seat field hockey stadium and a sports academy. The design was forwarded to the teams to gather feedback on how the circuit could be altered to improve overtaking and this has resulted in some minor changes as became clear from April 2010. The planned hairpin at turn seven was removed, and the track at turn three was widened to allow drivers to take different lines throughout the corner. More information was released in August 2010, revealing that there were plans to make the circuit one of the most challenging for drivers, with the circuit rising fourteen metres within the first three corners alone and a banked double-apex bend on the far side of the circuit.The track has since been praised by drivers, including Lewis Hamilton
5. X was born to a middle-class family in secunderabad, a city north of Hyderabad, to a Palakkad Iyer father and a Sindhi mother..He dropped out of Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School in 1986 before completing his higher secondary.He took up work as a two wheeler auto mechanic, and got himself a driver's licence to coincide with his interests, that of car / bike racing. At 18, X had to take up a job to support his career in racing. Following an accident, several business agencies pushed him into modelling for advertisements in print media. He had to make a choice between films and racing, and as the movies were happening and generating him some money, he began concentrating on it.He has won three Filmfare Best Actor Awards, all for films which showcased him in multiple roles. In addition to his acting, X, in a sabbatical, participated in the 2004 British Formula Three season as a Formula Two racing driver and was ranked the third best motor car driver in India at his peak. X placed 16th at world level actors for best driving skill and ability.