3. Its no accident that we consider a celebration dedicated to humour a national one. Humour and laughter are national priorities in Bulgaria. We laugh a lot.We laugh a lot.
4. We even have trendy laughter noises. Some of these prove to be very annoying. Especially for our teachers. Especially when we laugh noisily during lessons... But we are only doing this for health reasons Remember? Laughter has great healing power.
5. It is supposed to be a parrot (parakeet)
6. It should be assistantassistant
7. And 11 reason why we dont try to overcome these drawbacks is that we simply need them as our source of laughter! The pub is called The GreenThe Green
8. HISTORICALLY THE MOST POPULAR SOURCE OF LAUGHTER ARE THE JOKES FROM THE GABROVO REGION THEY RIDICULE THE EXCESSIVE THRIFTINESS OF GABROVIANS, WHICH THEY DISPLAY FROM THEIR YOUTH TILL THEIR OLD AGE.
9. POLITICS AND POLITICIANS ARE A FAVOURITE SUBJECT OF JOKES. Thats a part of a scene in a TV show showing how we joke about our politicians and their decisions and behaviour
10. Jokes are provoked not only by Bulgarian politicians but by the dynamic international relations of the past months. The situation in Crimea had an unexpected impact in Bulgaria. A Facebook group was started with the aim to organise a referendum for the annexation of Bulgaria by the Principality of Monaco. The expected result of the referendum isThe expected result of the referendum is 97% in favour of the annexation.97% in favour of the annexation.
11. Monte Carlovo is a blending of the name of the city of Monte Carlo and the Bulgarian city of Karlovo. A screenshot of the Facebook page
12. While doing our research for this presentation we came across one very interesting fact. The target of ridicule in Bulgarian jokes are mostly men. Is it because women in our country are perfect, or because all jokes have been created by women? Or maybe because our men are real gentlemen?
13. It is the same in folklore. The most popular comic characters in Bulgarian folklore are Nastradin Hodja and Clever Peter. They often play tricks on each other, but when they decide to trick a third person everyone is in trouble.
14. IN LITERATURE THE MOSTIN LITERATURE THE MOST FAMOUS COMIC CHARACTER ISFAMOUS COMIC CHARACTER IS BAI GANYOBAI GANYO HE IS GREEDY, ARROGANT, DIRTY, UNREFINED TO A DEGREE THAT IS OFTEN NOT FUNNY, BUT REVOLTING. Interestingly, he was created soon after we had regained our independence in the end of the 19TH century. The literary works in which he appears prove the drive of our nation to acquire refined
15. In case of a fire, break the lock!
16. A letter to Santa Claus from a Bulgarian kindergarten bazooka bazooka