2. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the official name of the state which is situated in the British Isles. The UK is an island state. The two main islands are Great Britain and Ireland. More then 56 million people live in Britain. The UK consists of 4 countries which are England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Each country has its own capital, flag and symbol.
4. St. Pauls Cathedral
5. The Tower of London
6. The City of Westminster
7. Buckingham Palace
8. Westminster Abbey
9. The House of Parliament
10. Trafalgar Square
11. The capital of Scotland is Edinburgh.
12. The capital of Wales is Cardiff.
13. The capital of Northern Ireland is Belfast.
14. The Union Jack England St. George Scotland St. Andrew Ireland St. Patrick
15. Elizabeth II is on the British throne now. The Queen's title is Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, etc., etc., etc.
16. She was born in Windsor on 21 April 1926. Her full name is Elizabeth-Mary-Alexander Windsor, she came to the throne in 1952 and was crowned in Westminster Abbey on 2 June 1953. She married Prince Philip in 1947. She has four children: Charles, Prince of Wales, Anna the Princess Royal, Prince Andrew, the Duke of York and Prince Edward.