An overview about what UX design is, for a mixture of tech, support and business people (tough mix!). There are two main points I wanted to get across: 1. UX design is not just about usabllity (and Jakob Nielsen) 2. UX design is a rigorous process (not magic and guesswork). If you have any feedback about how to make this presentation better, I'd be happy to hear it.
2. Designing products in a way that takes into account the behaviour and psychology of the people using the product Jesse James Garrett .
3. MANAGERS BA Initiate Requirements Design & Build Test Deploy DEV Usability testing
4. MANAGERS Initiate BA Requirements User research UX team Including visual designer Design User test Build DEV UX Test Deploy
5. User research
6. Design (analysis)
7. Design putting it together
9. MANAGERS Initiate BA Requirements User research UX team Including visual designer Reducing risk Faster development time Potentially reducing project costs and timelines Reduced customer service costs Increasing customer satisfaction Design User test Build DEV UX Test Deploy
10. Sorry. There was a screenshot here of an app that I cant show you, unless you work for my organisation. I wish I could.
11. This category is open to both non-Year 12 and current Year 12 students. This category applies to applicants who have been prevented from reaching their full educational potential because offamily or other lifecircumstances.Applicants to this category will need to indicate whether the circumstances are long term (in existence prior to 2008) or short term (existing only in 2009-2010). You, not applicant Layout Writing in line with peoples mental models so not mature age, 21 years or older Simplify
12. User experience is not just usability User experience is a process: research, design & test.