Tamka - Joomla!Days NL 2009 #jd09nl
Embed Size (px)
2. What is Tamka?
- Collection of Extensions that turn Joomla! into a powerful personal or group blogging platform.
3. Tamka Blog Architecture
- Based on three new, integrated features:
- Blog Layout for com_content
- Pretty Permanent URLs, like WordPress
- Modules that use Menu Item Parameters
4. New Blog Layout for com_content
5. Pretty Permanent URLs
- One article One URL no matter where used.
- Tamka URLs are patterned after WordPress you select the option desired:
- Custom combination of any option above
- Tamka uses new Canonical Link Element
6. Blog Modules
7. Flexible Commenting
- Comments closed after specified # of days
- Set min and max comment length
- Can close commenting to non-members
- Set flood control constraints
- Allow All HTML, only specific tags, no HTML, or Markdown
- Convert URLs and email addresses to links
- Alternate comment colors and use special color for author
- Follow or No Follow for visitor links
- Oldest to Newest? Or Newest to Oldest?
- Ping? Tweet? And/or Email Comments?
- Spam (Recaptcha, Aksimet, Mollom)
- Ban by IP, email address, name
8. Comment Moderation 9. SEO improvements
- Site Name appended to the Page Title.
- Removal of Generated by Joomla! Meta.
- Automatic Article Meta Description (if Article Meta is not provided.)
- Follow or Nofollow on Internal Pages, Web links, and Article links.
- Accessible Template Overrides.
- Google Analytics Tracking Code Plugin
- Component/Plugin for defining 301 Redirects for changed URLs
- 301 redirect for variations of home
- Minification of CSS and JS
10. Post and/or Comment Broadcasting
- Email Notification for Members and Guests who sign up
- Internal URL 301 Redirects
11. Blog Bling
- Social Bookmarks, Blog Calendar, Tag Cloud, Post Tags, and Smileys
- Automatic Thumbnails and resizing of Images
- Author Profile and CC Licensing
- Tweets from you and/or your followers
12. User Easy to add custom fields Automatically Displays in Frontend and Administrator 13. Personal or Group Blog Platform
- Create User Blog Option Parameter
- Works with Joomla! Global Configuration User Settings
- Category automatically created for each Blogger
- Bloggers can only add and update posts in their Category
14. Tamka Manager If there are newer packages, click the link to Update your Web site. 15. Learn more about Tamka