1. Social Non-Anonymous Public Feedback (and why its a big deal!) Farhad Mohit Twiistup08 Feb 10, 2011 Word-of-Mouth is Powerful! 2. First some Socio-Political context
- What Makes America Great?
- This is our brand identity and what we stand for
- Where do we get our freedom?
- 1 stAmendment of the US Constitution
- What does that guarantee us?
- Freedom ofReligion(Ideas)
- The right toPetitionfor our grievances
2011 3. Mandatory Exponential Graph time 1776 1979 1999 2004 2011 internet users 1.5bn 0 2011 Ideas, Speech Press Assembly Petition 4. What does this mean?
- Just a decade for some important freedoms
- Assembly (social networks)
- Petition (non-anonymous feedback services)
- But years of lip service about Freedom!
- Our media has been exporting these as rights
- Internet enables 1.5 billion people world-wide
- So, its suddenly Power to the People everywhere!
2011 5. Masses + 1 stAmendment Rights = courtesy: associated free press 2011 6. What does it mean for business? You better start listening 2011 7. Case Study: Customer Feedback Single-User Anon Private Feedback 2011 8. A new way: Tweeting complaints and getting results 2011 9. Social Non-Anon Public Feedback We are all powerful online! 2011 10. How does it work?
- What will it take to get this resolved?
2011 iPhone Android http://gri.pe 11. What happens next?
- Gripe is shared on Facebook and Twitter
- Gri.pe contacts Business on users behalf
- Informs them a Public Complaint is spreading
- Makes it easy to Resolve into Public Praise
2011 12. Why does it work?
- You to the power of your Friends and Followers
- Your name / reputation is on the line
- Everyone gets to see it and vote on it
2011 13. OK, but is this a Win-Win?
- Free every phone should have a gri.pe button!
- Turns a cost center (customer service)
- Into a revenue center (marketing)
- Each resolution is Free Word-of-Mouth Marketing
- Number one ask has been an apology
- 30% of incident reports are straight-out Cheers
2011 14. Why is this a big deal?
- Less Branding + Marketing
- More Real Customer Service + Word-of-Mouth
- For Other Institutions (eg: a Democratic Govt)
- Replace incidents with candidates / issues
- Add in the 1 stAmendment freedoms
- A lot of fun is about to begin!
- Still just 5 years into mass power of assembly
- Just getting to mass right to petition for grievances
2011 15. Thank You! http://gri.pe twitter: farhad667