Social Media and your Career
Embed Size (px)
As presented in Charlotte NC on 4/27/11 - Social Media and your Career. How companies like DATA Inc. look for people like you in the social media space.
Text of Social Media and your Career
- 1. Twitter Social Media and your career
2. Who is DATA Inc.
- Custom Application development
- Clients include Bank of America, United Parcel Service, Mercedes Benz, North Carolina, Virginia
- Over 100 new job openings every month
- East Coast Quebec .. Florida
3. Who is Conrad Leao
- With DATA Inc. since 1998 VP Operations
- 25 years as a Programmer, Trainer, Business Developer, Franchisee Manager
- Built the DATA Inc. organization from owner driven to process driven
- Mentored DATA Inc. startups in UK,CH,IN
4. Evolution of Hiring
- Classified Ads, Unsolicited resume submittals
- Phone calls to network, faxed responses, reviewed over days/weeks
- Emails to network/database, email responses, reviewed over days
- Advertise on Job Boards, scan Job Boards, resumes reviewed same day
- Automated publishing, automated screening, automated matching
5. What has changed
6. How do I react ?
- Abandon traditional methods?
- Building a local personal network
- Face to face networking opportunities
- Applying to classified ads
- Sending unsolicited resumes
7. Social Networking
- Another weapon in your arsenal
- Aircraft carrier projects capabilities beyond conventional expectations
Domain Expertise Technical Knowledge Title (Lesser of the two) 8. How do we hire?
9. Social Networking
- Part of an integrated strategy
- In addition to traditional methods
- Opportunities stream directly
- LinkedIn groups(alumni and techtalk)
XML / RSS Feed 10. What do we look for
- Who let the crawlers out?
11. How do you stand out
- Work on your brand bio 160 characters
- Who do I want to be seen as?
12. Be Real 13. Also
- Register on target companies career portals
- Find the right tweeters to follow
- Link your Social Media lives
- Be active in your virtual lives
- Have a detailed resume link available
- Respond with attention to detail
- Visits, pageviews, pages/visit, Bounce rate, Average time, New visits
- Klout, Twitalyzer, HootSuite
- Google Analytics, Facebook Insight
15. Facebook 16. What now?
- Click through and submit your resume through our career portal
17. What now?
- Network through our group
18. Twitter 19. 20.