Sharepoint Best Practices, evento sharepoint, , corso formazione, corsi, sharepoint training
- 1. Best Practices
Estimate performance e capacityrequirements
3. Estimate performance e capacityrequirements
The primaryfactorsthat affect a SharePoint Server Farm ares:
Server and Network hardware
4. Estimate performance e capacityrequirements
- Plan for highavailability
Insertingat least two WFE server issufficent to providehighavailability for thousandusers in an out-of-box configuration
- Plan for operational excellence
64-bit hardware (for all server roles)
Allocate at least 2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM per processor for front-end Web servers and application servers.
Allocate at least 4 GB of RAM per processor for database servers.
Consider Guideline for Acceptable Performance
50.000 Site Collection per content db
250.000 subwebs for Site Collection
5.000.000 Items per List
2000 Items per List View
5. Information ArchitectureSite Collection vs SubSite
6. Information ArchitectureSite Collection vs SubSite
MS recommend to limit content database size to 100GB
Full fidelity backups are only possible at the site collection level
If a sub-site needs to be restored then the entire site collection must be restored
3rd party solutions offer full fidelity recovery at more granular levels
Site Collections allow security groups and permissions to be isolated from other site collections
Search Scopes are defined at the site collection level
Settings must be manually (or programmatically) synchronized across site collections
7. Information ArchitectureSite Collection vs SubSite
Policies can be created at the site collection scope
No built-in mechanism for synchronizing policies across site collections
Each site collection has a first and second stage recycle bin
First stage counts towards the quotaSecond stage does not count towards the quota. Be aware of the defaults 30 days in the first stage and 50% of the site quota for the second stage, if theres no quota then the second stage will grow infinitely.
8. Information ArchitectureSite Collection disadvantages
- Each site collection, insists to have it's own Menuyou must implement a consistent navigation between multiple site collections through CustomSiteMapProvider or XML SiteMap.
Content Type & Site Column are Site Collection levelUse must use Features to deploy Content to multiple Site Collections
Management is more complex with site collections No OOTB way to synchronize settings across site collections!
9. Cross-Site Configurator
Solution Accelerator from MSFT
The tool automates the process of deploying site settings in all or selected sites in a server farm:
Applying Master Pages across a SharePoint server farm.
Setting up Web Titles for all or selected site collections across the farm.
Applying audit control settings to all or selected sites.
Adding advanced settings such as Allow content type management to all types of lists.
Adding a new Expiration Policy at the site collection level.
Adding a new Expiration Policy to content types, lists, and documents.
10. Control Site Collection growths
11. Use versioning only if required 12. Use Quotas 13. Monitor Second Stage Recycle Bin