Embed Size (px)
Text of Pointillism
- 1. Pointillism Melissa Metzger
2. What is Pointillism?
- To create a solid figure using tiny dots with 2 or more colors.
- The colors from a distance mix to create a new color.
- Oil on canvas type paintings
- Often seen as brighter or purer because the eye mixes the color
3. The Pointillism Color Wheel
- All by the use of Pointillism
4. The Facts
- Developed by Georges Seurat in 1886
- As well as his followers in 19 thcentury France
- Post-impressionist movement
5. Masters of Pointillism
- Georges Seurat, French 1859-1891
- Paul Signac, French 1863-1935
- Charles Angrand, French 1854-1926
- Henri-Edmond Cross, French 1856-1910
6. Paintings By Seurat 7. Banks at Seine 8. Bathers at Asnieres 9. Figures Assises 10. 'La Parade' 11. A Sunday Afternoonon the Island of La Grande Jatte 12. Pointillism Close Up
- The paint dots on the canvas
13. The Circus
- Seurats last major painting