Text of Nail the Landing Page - 5 Steps to Optimize Conversions
1. Nail the Landing Page B"C:(31":$"=624D4E("+$&8()14$&1" " 6&"9(;48()"6&",23()4(&5(" " F$%)"+%1:$D()1"G4;;"(7&?!"@&5A"
2. SOME OF OUR CLIENTS:Fortune 500Business-toBusinessBusiness-toConsumerAgencies
3. QUICK POLL
5. Somelanding pagesare betterthan others.
6. Betterlanding pagesmake moremoney.
7. THE FIVESTEPS
8. Five Steps:1.! Make a Good 1st Impression2.! Be Clear & Obvious3.! Get Relevant4.! Make Small Changes5.! Persevere
9. 1 Make a GOOD 1 ST IMPRESSION You only get one chance.
10. The Impact of Design on Credibility75% of web users admit making judgments about the credibility of an organization based on the design of its web site. Source: Fogg, B.J., Stanford Guidelines for Web Credibility, Persuasive Technology Lab. Stanford University, 2002 (revised November 2003)
11. How quickly are you judged? 1/20th of a second.
12. WHEN are you judged?
13. WHEN are you judged?Earlier than you might think.
14. One example:
15. 2 BeCLEAR & OBVIOUSEverything on the page should work together
16. 2-SECOND QUIZ: whats this landing page about?
17. GUESS(note: your visitors dont like guessing)
18. Whats This About? IMMEDIATE CONCEPT CLARITY
19. What Should I Do Next?MAKE THE NEXT STEP CLEAR
20. PetMeds original product page template, initial display
21. PetMeds new product page template, initial display
22. Which do you think performed better in an A/B test? A B
23. Which do you think performed better in an A/B test? A B + 25% sales across 10 products
24. 3 Get RELEVANT Traffic segments are not all created equal
25. Psychological truth: People like to feel unique.They like individual attention.
26. Landing page truth:Many landing pages treat everyone the same. Its like they dont care.
27. Same thing for everyone Organ ic sea rch in ks Emai Paid & unpaid l l Banner ads Video gam e ads
28. Get relevant withBUSINESS TYPES / INDUSTRIES
29. BEFORE: One-Size-Fits-All landing page
30. Result:+ 1500% leads
31. Get relevant with KEYWORDS & OFFERS
32. Landing Pages Before Granular that each serve up a pointing to a single keyword groups customized ad one-size-fits-all landing page.create a bookbook bindingmake a bookbookmakingtemplatewrite a book
33. Landing Pages Now Granular that each serve up a pointing to its own keyword groups customized ad relevant landing pagecreate a bookbook bindingmake a bookbookmakingtemplatewrite a book
34. Now THIS is Relevance!BEFORE AFTER
35. Business Impact Incremental Revenue (based on results-to-date) $ 2M+ Project ROI 1600% Time to Project Break-Even 3 weeks Revenue and ROI get even better when future years are calculated in.
36. 4 Make SMALL CHANGES Theyre easy, quick, and powerful
37. The R.A.R.E. Approach to Small Changes: Remove ! extraneous text ! purely decorative images ! excessive navigation ! unnecessary form fields ! credibility support ! shipping & returns summary Add ! special offers ! sectional headings ! padding between content chunks ! clear error messaging ! informational layers ! segment acknowledgment ! progress indicators & process previews Replace ! buttons ! form styles (CSS) ! low-quality photos & illustrations ! links that leave the page Enlarge ! page titles ! sectional headings ! buttons