3. Slide 3 www.edureka.co/informatica Informatica PowerCenter 9.X An overview
4. Slide 4 www.edureka.co/informatica Understand Informatica & Informatica Product Suite Explain the Error Handling In Informatica Understand Informatica Domain & Repository Management Understand Informatica Recovery Concepts Understand PowerCenter Log Management At the end of this module, you will be able to: Objectives
5. Slide 5 www.edureka.co/informatica Informatica A Product Company Informatica Corp. provides data integration software and services for various businesses, industries and government organizations including telecommunication, health care, financial and insurance services
6. Slide 6 www.edureka.co/informatica Informatica Products & Their Functionalities There are a wide range of products available under the Informatica product suite that helps satisfy the data integration requirements within the enterprise and beyond Informatica's product is a portfolio focused on Data Integration: Data Integration & ETL Information Lifecycle Management Complex Event Processing Data Masking Data Quality Data Replication Data Virtualization Master Data Management Ultra Messaging Currently at version 9.6, these components form a toolset for establishing and maintaining enterprise-wide data warehouses
7. Slide 7 www.edureka.co/informatica Informatica Products & Their Functionalities (Contd.)
8. Slide 8 www.edureka.co/informatica Informatica Products & Their Functionalities (Contd.)
9. Slide 9 www.edureka.co/informatica PowerCenter - Fully integrated end-to-end data integration platform, Informatica PowerCenter Enterprise converts raw data into information to drive analysis, daily operations, and data governance initiatives Information Lifecycle Management - Informaticas Information Lifecycle Management software empowers your IT organizations to cost-effectively handle data growth, safely retire legacy systems and applications, optimize test data management and protect sensitive data Complex Event Processing - Informatica RulePoint is a complex event processing software that delivers robust and effective complex event processing with real-time alerts and insight into pertinent information to operate in a smarter, faster, efficient and competitive way Data Masking - Informatica Data Masking products dynamically mask sensitive production data from unauthorized access, permanently and irreversibly mask nonproduction data thereby helping IT organizations to comply with data privacy regulations, organization-wide data privacy mandates and reduce the risk of a data breach Informatica Products & Their Functionalities (Contd.)
10. Slide 10 www.edureka.co/informatica Data Quality - Informatica Data Quality provides clean, high-quality data regardless of size, data format, platform, or technology to the business. Helps validating and improving address information, profiling and cleansing business data, or implementing a data governance practice and ensure the data quality requirements are met Data Replication - Informatica Data Replication is database-agnostic, real-time transaction replication software thats highly scalable, reliable, and non-disruptive to the performance of operational source systems Data Virtualization - Informatica Data Services provides a single scalable architecture for both data integration and data federation, creating a data virtualization layer that hides and handles the complexity of accessing underlying data sources - all while insulating them from change Master Data Management - The Informatica Master Data Management (MDM) product family delivers consolidated and reliable business-critical dataalso known as master datato the applications that employees rely on every day Ultra Messaging - Informatica Ultra Messaging is a family of next-generation, low-latency messaging middleware products. With very high throughput and 24x7 reliability, they deliver extremely low-latency application messaging over both network-based and shared-memory (inter-process) based transports Informatica Products & Their Functionalities (Contd.)
11. Slide 11 www.edureka.co/informatica Informatica Resources Informatica Corporate Website Informatica University Customer Portal Product Documentation Knowledge Base Technical Support Informatica Product Certification
12. Slide 12 www.edureka.co/informatica Introduction to PowerCenter PowerCenter: It is a single, unified enterprise data integration platform that allows companies and government organizations of all sizes to access, discover and integrate data from virtually any business system, in any format and deliver that data throughout the enterprise at any speed An ETL tool ( Extract, Transform and Load) The main advantages of PowerCenter over other ETL tools lies in its robustness, for it can be used in both Windows and Unix based systems PowerCenter can read from a variety of different sources and write to as many targets, while transforming data in between The main advantages of PowerCenter over other ETL tools, and hence a reason for its popularity over other such tools are as follows: It is robust, and can be used in both windows and UNIX based systems It is high performing yet very simple for developing, maintaining and administering
13. Slide 13 www.edureka.co/informatica Versions of PowerCenter PowerCenter Version History: The current version of PowerCenter is Informatica PowerCenter 9.6.1 HF2 (as of Feb 15) From version 9.x onwards, PowerCenter has become service oriented, with each server component being identified as a service. (Ex.: Repository service, Integration service etc.) The previous versions of Informatica are neither in use nor under support of Informatica For more information please visit www.informatica.com
14. Slide 14 www.edureka.co/informatica PowerCenter Architecture - SOA The architecture of Informatica PowerCenter (version 9.x onwards) is based on the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concept A service oriented architecture (SOA) can be defined as a group of services, which communicate with each other. The process of communication involves either simple data passing or it could involve two or more services coordinating same activity Informatica 9.x represents a major change in the architecture of the product line Aim: Its main aim is to provide improved performance and high availability Approach: By reengineering, the underlying architecture has been made even more service-based
15. Slide 15 www.edureka.co/informatica PowerCenter Architecture - Single Unified Architecture
16. Slide 16 www.edureka.co/informatica Error Handling In Informatica
17. Slide 17 www.edureka.co/informatica Error Handling In Informatica Error Handling is one of the must have components in any Data Warehouse or Data Integration project. When we start with any Data Warehouse or Data Integration projects, business users come up with set of exceptions to be handled in the ETL process. In this article, lets talk about how do we easily handle these user defined error. Identifying errors and creating an error handling strategy is very important. The 2 types of errors in an ETL process are Data Errors & Process Errors. Data Errors : To handle Data errors we can use the Row Error Logging feature. The errors are captured into the error tables. We can then analyse, correct and reprocess them. Process errors : To handle Process errors we can configure an email task to notify the event of a session failure.
18. Slide 18 www.edureka.co/informatica Error Handling In Informatica INFORMATICA FUNCTIONS USED Informatica PowerCenter to define our user defined error capture logic. ERROR() : This function Causes the PowerCenter Integration Service to skip a row and issue an error message, which you define. The error message displays in the session log or written to the error log tables based on the error logging type configuration in the session. ABORT() : Stops the session, and issues a specified error message to the session log file or written to the error log tables based on the error logging type configuration in the session. When the PowerCenter Integration Service encounters an ABORT function, it stops transforming data at that row. It processes any rows read before the session aborts.
19. Slide 19 www.edureka.co/informatica Error Handling In Informatica
20. Slide 20 www.edureka.co/informatica Error Handling In Informatica INFORMATICA ERROR TABLES Once Configuration is specified, Informatica PowerCenter will create four different tables for error logging and the table details as below. ETL_PMERR_DATA :- Stores data about a transformation row error and its corresponding source row. ETL_PMERR_MSG :- Stores metadata about an error and the error message. ETL_PMERR_SESS :- Stores metadata about the session. ETL_PMERR_TRANS:- Stores metadata about the source and transformation ports, when error occurs. With this, we are done with the setting required to capture user defined errors. Any data records which violates our data validation check will be captured into PMERR tables mentioned above.
21. Slide 21 www.edureka.co/informatica Error Handling In Informatica REPORT THE ERROR DATA Now we have the error data stored in the error table, we can pull the error report using an SQL Query. We can b