1. Blogging for the Classroom Why do it How to maximize it for learning
2. Objectives and Outcomes
Learnwhat a Blog is & Why do it in your classroom
LearnCCUSD procedures of Blogging with students
BrainstormBlogging ideas in your teaching context
Set upyour CCUSD Classroom Blog
3. Whats a Blog?
A blog (a contraction of the term"Web log" ) is a Web site, usually maintained by anindividualwithregular entriesof commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed inreverse-chronological order .
4. Whats its not
A place to just turn in papers.
Something that will sit there and run itself.
Benign, boring document without hyperlinks
A place to write in the 3rd person.
One author-many interactions
What it is 6. 7. Why use Blogging in the classroom?
8. 9. 10.
11. So how do we begin blogging? 12. Start with a Focused Objective 13. Learning focused blogging ideas:
Problem of the Week
Question of the week
Hypothesis of the week
Writing about science
Discussions about trends
14. Learning focused blogging ideas:
Art work critique
Famous artist research
Types & sharing
Discussion/ Research about Broadway
15. Only Standards-based Lessons 16. CCUSD School Blogs Must Be Current Moderated Subscribable Safe Honest Inviting Maintained Standards-based Focused 17. CCUSD Bloggers Will Participate Report unsafe behavior Only use first name or student numbers Encourage other commentors Spell-check their responses Respond with respect 18. How do you get started? 19. Decideon your Purpose Prepareyour Blog Webpage Instructyour students on safety policy Teachstudents how to blog Beginblogging! 20. Lets Brainstorm Ideas
Where might you want to enhance your program?
21. Nuts & bolts of building Your blog 22. Photo Attributions