Embed Size (px)
Sermon by Mike Smith
Text of Amazing Love
2. God is Amazing!
- They sang the song of God's servant Moses and the song of the lamb: "Your deeds arespectacular and amazing , Lord God Almighty. Your ways are just and true, King of the nations.Rev. 15:3ISV
- But God, who is rich in mercy, because of Hisgreat lovewith which He loved us
- Lets focus on the greatness of Gods love.
3. The Whoof Gods Love
- God is love!1 Jn. 4:8, 16
- God is the Who of His love.
- God is everlasting, having no beginning or end.Ps. 90:2
- Gods love is great because he is great.
- For the LORDis great and greatly to be praisedPsalm 96:4
- His greatness is shown in part by His creation.Ex. 20:11; Rom. 1:19-20
4. The Whatof Gods Love
- The what of Gods love isthe world .Jn.3:16
- God wantsallto be saved.1 Tim.1:9-ff; 2:4
- All who obey Jesus can be saved.Heb. 5:9
- Hear & learn the TruthJn. 6:45; Jn. 17:17
- Repent Lk. 13:3,5; Acts 2:38
- Be Baptized into ChristRom. 6:3-6
- Then, Be faithful unto deathRev. 2:10; Heb. 10:36
5. The Whereof Gods Love
- The where of Gods love refers toeverywhere .Ps. 139:7; Heb. 4:13
- Gods love extends to the uttermost parts of the earth.Ps. 139:9; Heb. 7:25
- Christs love also went to Calvary where He atoned for the sins of the world.
- Christs blood can save everyone if they would just come to Him.1 John 2:2; 4:14
6. The Whenof Gods Love
- The when of Gods love means, at all times.
- Since God always has been and always will be, His love is an everlasting love.
- What about Gods punishing us?
- He still loves us, its why He chastens us!Hebrews 12:6-7
7. The Whyof Gods Love
- The why of Gods love is beyond our full comprehension.Rom. 11:33; Deut. 29:29
- However, we do know that God desires fellowship with us.1 Jn. 1:3
- In His great love, God sent His only begotten Son to die for our sins that He might bring us back into fellowship with Himself.1 Cor. 1:9; Acts 20:28
8. Gods Love is the Greatest! 1 Cor. 13:13; 1 Thes. 4:9
- By love God saves us!Eph. 5:2
- He shows us how to love:1 Jn. 3:16
- Love God with your ALLMark 12:30-31
- Love yourself and your neighbor.
- He commands us to love in order to be in Him and like Him.1 Jn. 4:16-19
- Let all that you do be done with love.