How to start up and Instagram account, and best practices for building an active community there.
Text of Instagram Basics
1. What is Instagram? Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them.
2. Who Uses Instagram? 200 m monthly users worldwide 41% of users are between 18 and 24 30% of teens think Instagram is the most important social network 49%/51% M/F
3. Using Instagram Strategically How does Instagram fit my business needs? How important are visuals to my storytelling? Is the audience appropriate for my product? Will I commit the time to follow through? What will I stop doing? Do I have enough content to have a relevant presence? Where will that content come from?
4. Setting Up an Account iTunes or Play Store Profile photo Description (this is the only place you can put a url) Hashtags
5. How to Take a Photo with Instagram Keep in mind, all photos are square Use your phones camera or save photos to your phones photo roll Crop Filters (dont over-filter) Caption Video (possible, not recommended)