Webinar on starting a nonprofit's monthly giving program. Originally presented for coaching group members.
Text of Monthly givingwebinar
Youd be crazy not to start!
2. How to participate in todays webinar 3. 4. Why monthly giving?
Ease and convenience for your donors
Long-term, predictable income
Appeal for older and younger donors alike
Increases the value of the donor over the long-run
Increases donor loyalty and bequest gifts
5. You do the math $50 Donor converts $5/mo.-$60 yr $10/mo - $120 yr $100 Donor converts $15/mo - $180 yr $20/mo - $240 yr 6. In an ideal situation... 7. What 5 things do youneed to start? 8. 1. A Donor Base 9. 2. A Compelling Mission And a tie-in 10. 11. 12. 13. 3.The ability to process recurring gifts 14. 4.Ability to communicate through integrated communication channels
15. 5. The ability to thank donors promptly 16. Who are we looking for in our donor base? 17. What if you dont have any donors yet? 18. You can start small!
Begin with your loyal supporters and board members
Introduce it to your email list
Highlight the option of monthly giving on your website
19. One client
Launched with a series of four autoresponder emails
Began in the first few months with 15 new monthly donors, including a handful of board members
Nearly one year later - 40 regular monthly donors and one-time gifts have raised over $15,000
20. How else can you recruit monthly gifts?
Mobilize your volunteers
Use video on your website
Pick up the phone
21. 22. The trick is to start! 23. What if youve got a monthly giving program but its stale or stagnant? 24.
Begin by surveying your current monthly donors for feedback
25. Compile a targeted mailing
an oversized outer envelope, closed-faced, with a bright, colorful, real stamp
a personal and genuine letter from the Executive Director
a full-page testimonial insert with the voices (and faces) of other monthly supporters
a full-page response device
a stamped reply envelope (not a BRE, a real envelope)
26. Every year ... 27. A word about thanking
No, you dont need to thank every month
Acknowledge impact in a special way
Dont stop communicating!
Send them special versions of your regular communications.