1. How to Keep Your South Tampa Home Cool This Summer
2. Now that summer is here, keeping your home cool may become quite a challenge. Buyers looking for Sunset Park homes for sale in South Tampa will not be impressed with a home that makes them feel hot and sticky. Read on for some strategies that will help keep the inside of your property cool and comfortable.
3. 1. Invest on ceiling fans One of the most effective ways of beating the summer heat is installing ceiling fans in your South Tampa home for sale in Sunset Park. Ceiling fans can make a room feel 6 or 7 degrees cooler. Your potential buyers will surely appreciate the fact that a ceiling fan only costs less than $10 a month to use if you keep it on for 12 hours a day. They keep the air inside a room circulating, making the room feel much cooler.
4. 2. Keep your blinds closed Keeping your blinds closed can help lower the indoor temperature by up to 20 degrees. It has been noted that 30 percent of unwanted heat comes from the windows. Aside from that, using shades, curtains, and blind can help you save up to 7 percent on your bills. Keep in mind that the best way to keep your home cool is by keeping the heat out.
5. 3. Plant trees or shrubs You may also consider planting trees or shrubs to shade your air-conditioning units. Air conditioning units tend to use less electricity if they operate in the shade. When planting trees or shrubs in your South Tampa home for sale in Sunset Park, make sure they do not block the airflow. Planting deciduous trees on the south and west side can also keep your house cool in summer and allow the sunlight to warm the house during winter. Strategically planting trees can help you save between $100 and $250 yearly in cooling and heating costs.
6. 4. Make your home more efficient It will be easier for you to keep your house cool in the summer if your property has fewer air leaks and more insulation. Make sure to seal air leaks to lower energy bills. Adding more insulation is a wise investment that can have great returns.
7. 5. Regularly maintain your AC Make sure to check, clean, or repair filters every month. Remember that dirty filters can restrict the airflow and may cause the system to run longer resulting to increased energy use. Hire a professional to inspect, clean, and tune your system every two to three years. Doing so can save you as much as 15 percent on your AC costs.
8. Follow these tips and impress your buyers with a home that feels cool and comfortable even during summer time. For more helpful ideas on buying or selling homes in South Tampa, visit http://www.TampaTodayRealEstate. com/
9. If you are looking for dedicated and hard- working Tampa FL Realtors then call me, Mary G. Diaz, today at 813 245-9677. I can provide you with fast and reliable assistance in finding or selling homes in South Tampa. With my extensive knowledge and experience in selling luxury properties in the area, I can assist you in making the best choice.