How to Have a
New App Stats Average price of an app is currently between $1
and $1.50, but by this time next year, 94% of
these apps will be free to install
By 2017, nearly 4.4 billion people will be using
Games are the most popular apps, followed by
education and business apps, then apps for
lifestyle and entertainment
U.S. app users download an average of 8.8 apps
per month in the year 2014
3 Summarized Steps
With apps expected to earn more than $77 billion by 2017, theres no time like the present to get in on the market. - Julie Bawden Davis, Writer for American Express
1. Create an Original App
Come up with a unique idea
Develop an original design
Choose the best platform for your app
Determine whether your app is free or
The best apps only do one thing, but they do it very, very well. Its important that the app is original, improves on another app, solves a problem or entertains. - Avid Larizadeh, Contributor to Forbes Magazine
2. Obtain Users
Promote your app If you dont market your app, no one will
know that it exists
Utilize the following to get the word out: Press release
Word of mouth
3. Engage and Monetize Users
Done through app analytics solutions
Mobile developers consider various
options through data from analytics
Provide value that users are seeking to
properly engage the audience
Sources 1. Caulderwood, Kathleen. How Do You Make Money When Less Than 1% of Apps Are Financially Successful. International Business Times. Times Magazine, 7 March 2012. Web. 14 Sept. 2015. .
2. Davis, Julie Bawden. How to Start Developing a Successful App Today. Openforum American Express. American Express, 8 April 2014. Web. 14 Sept. 2015. .
3. Intelligence, BI. This Is How App Stores Are Competing for Consumer Dollars and Loyalty. Business Insider. Business Insider, Inc. 22 June 2015. Web. 14 Sept. 2015 .
4. Koetsier, John. Mobile App: Analytics: What Winning Mobile Developers Use. VentureBeat. VentureBeat, 9 July 2015. Web. 14 Sept. 2015. .
5. Larizadeh, Avid. Eight Tips For a Successful App. Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 19 July 2013. Web. 14 Sept. 2015. .
All images: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net