Text of Machine-Assisted Narrative: How to Transform and Scale Your B2B Content with Artificial Intelligence
1. Machine-Assisted Narrative How to Transform and Scale Your B2B Content with Artificial Intelligence Paul Roetzer Founder & CEO, PR 20/20 Founder, Marketing AI Institute @PaulRoetzer @PaulRoetzer #CMWorld
2. Can we automate content creation through artificial intelligence (AI)? @PaulRoetzer
3. Can we use machines to write blog posts at scale? Image:FranckCalzada/YouTube
4. What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)? @PaulRoetzer #CMWorld
5. The science of making machines smart. Demis Hassabis, Co-Founder & CEO of DeepMind (which in turn augments human knowledge and capabilities) Source: Rolling Stone
6. Source: John Koetsier natural language processing natural language generation computer vision image recognition
7. an algorithm is a set of instructions that tells the machine what to do. @PaulRoetzer
8. @PaulRoetzer IF visitor downloads ebook, THEN send three-part email campaign.
9. Except with AI the machine can create its own algorithms, determine new paths, and unlock unlimited potential.
10. What if there are 10,000 downloads, across five personas, originating from multiple channels (social, organic, paid, direct) that require personalized emails and website experiences based on user history? @PaulRoetzer
11. ai is hiding in plain sight.
12. you use ai every day.
13. it determines what you find . . .
14. what you say . . .
15. what you watch . . .
16. what you read . . .
17. and what you buy.
18. Your life is already machine-assisted, and your marketing will be too.
19. Launched November 2016
20. $14.8 M $17.2 M $5.1 M Source:Crunchbase Artificial Intelligence + Sales/Marketing $55.3 M $40.4 M $13.6 M $10.8 M $7.4 M $4.7 M $11.0 M 24 Spotlights with $218M+ in Funding
21. Image:TimothyNeesam Sales & Marketing Artificial Intelligence Companies* 511 companies 259 with funding $2.9B in total funding * Source: Crunchbase
22. Its still very early. Many AI solutions arent actually that intelligent.
23. The 5 Ps of AI @PaulRoetzer #CMWorld
24. Planning Personalization Promotion Production Performance the 5 Ps of ai
25. Planning Personalization Promotion Production Performance the 5 Ps of ai Predicting consumer behaviors, defining strategies, prioritizing activities and determining how to allocate marketing resources.
26. source: HubSpot discover keywords and build topic clusters.
27. capture competitive intelligence.
28. analyze existing content. Buzzsumo + IBM Watson Analytics
32. Planning Personalization Promotion Production Performance the 5 Ps of ai Creating, curating and optimizing content, including blog posts, emails, landing pages, video and advertisements.
33. source: Curata curate content.
34. write email subject lines. source: Phrasee
35. source: Atomic Reach score content based on probability of engagement.
36. source: Acrolinx Acrolinx analyze text for grammar, sentiment, tone and style.
39. source: The Drum Content creation is something that we have been doing for a very long time . . . what I want to start experimenting with is automated narratives. This experimentation will explore how AI can be applied to everything from choosing music, updating social media and even writing scripts . . . (Mariano Bosaz, Coca-Colas global senior digital director, interview with AdWeek)
40. Planning Personalization Promotion Production Performance the 5 Ps of ai Personalizing consumer experiences through intelligently automated emails, content and product recommendations, AR/ VR, and web experiences.
43. source: Sitecore deliver tailored web experiences.
44. adapt content recommendations by segments and patterns. source: Salesforce
45. Planning Personalization Promotion Production Performance the 5 Ps of ai Managing cross-channel and cross-device promotions to drive engagement and actions, including audience targeting, social publishing and digital paid media management.
48. source: Sentient adapt content, offers and web experiences.
49. adjust digital ad spend in real-time. source: Albert
50. Source: Campaign In October 2016, lingerie retailer Cosabella replaced its digital agency with an AI platform named 'Albert'. Since then it has more than tripled its ROI and increased its customer base by 30 percent. @PaulRoetzer
51. Planning Personalization Promotion Production Performance the 5 Ps of ai Turning data into intelligence through automated narratives and insights, and using that intelligence to optimize performance.
52. source: Automated Insights write performance reports. We implemented natural language generation (NLG) with Google Analytics reports, cutting analysis and production time by more than 80%.
53. monitor activities and outcomes. source: GrowthBot
54. source: Google discover insights from analytics. What is the trend of session duration in NYC last month? Which referral sources bring in the most users? What share of my traffic was from mobile yesterday?
55. How to get started @PaulRoetzer #CMWorld
56. start with a single use case. @PaulRoetzer
57. Whats next? @PaulRoetzer #CMWorld
58. Will machines replace marketers? @PaulRoetzer
59. Source: The Guardian A machine will win a Pulitzer one day, predicts Kris Hammond from Narrative Science, a company that specialises in natural language generation. We can tell the stories hidden in data.
60. BoA anticipates $14 - 33 trillion in annual creative disruption impact in 10Y, including . . . $9 trillion in employment cost cuts via AI-enabled automation of knowledge work. Bank of America Merrill Lynch By 2021, AI-powered CRM activities could increase global business revenues by $1.1 trillion and create 800,000 net-new jobs. Salesforce how will marketers be affected?
61. ai will largely enhance your knowledge and capabilities. (in the near term) @PaulRoetzer
62. ai can be your competitive advantage. @PaulRoetzer
63. Paul Roetzer Founder & CEO | PR 20/20 Founder | Marketing AI Institute paul@PR2020.com www.PR2020.com www.MarketingAIinstitute.com