Text of The Impeccable Street Style of Brooklyn’s Afropunk 2016
1. THE IMPECCABLE STREET STYLE OF BROOKLYNS AFROPUNK 2016 S T R E E T S T Y L E
2. The beauty and individualistic edginess in the Afropunk Fest is a way for young fashionistas to showcase their specific style, personality, and rebelliousness. The Afropunk show which occurred late in August, was a large multicultural festival not only celebrating fashion, but also music and food that strengthen the bond within the Afropunk community in all parts of the big apple.
3. The New York Times has called Afropunk the most multicultural festival in the US, and this years festival was nothing less than spectacular. Year after year festival goers have continued to gather in a positive space where they can share ideas about evolving street style fashion that has continue to mark themselves in their NYC based identities.
4. Along with rocking the gladiator sandals or fur-lined slippers, Afropunk festival goers also strutted in beautifully colored floor length gowns and jumpsuits galore. To accessory this look, many young fashionistas complimented their outfits with high socks with chucks, dark purple lipstick, and John Lennon style sunglasses to really get the show bumpin. Some festival goers even wore retro banana tube tops to pay homage to their roots.
5. Its really no wonder that the Wall Street Journal Magazine once stated that AfroPunk Street Style 2016 Makes Other Music Festivals Look Lazy. More so than the iconic fashion street style itself, this festival is a celebration of under appreciated artists that excel in the musical sphere in both the NYC and other areas of the U.S. If you happen to get the chance, be sure to check out this annual festival in Brooklyn to experience what all the fashion related and cultural hype is truly about.
6. Im an alien, so Im just enjoying everything as new. Afropunk is a culture. Live life thats what Afropunk is to me.Im an alien, so Im just enjoying everything as new. Afropunk is a culture. Live life thats what Afropunk is to me. -Luieg, Producer/Model