eSignatures: The Key to Going Paperless
Today, more and more healthcare facilities are making efforts to go paperless. FormFast offers insight on eSignatures and how they can change the healthcare industry.
- 1. eSignatures THE KEY TO PAPERLESS HOSPITALS
- 2. Hospitals across the United States are making every effort to become paperless
- 3. Although this sounds great, the progress has been slow, as well as incomplete.
- 4. Earlier this year, Forbes released a report showing that only 1.8% of hospitals have a completely electronic record! License: https://flic.kr/p/a5L8Gu
- 5. Its understandably difficult to suddenly change the way you operate a business, but all hospitals should consider a progression from paper patient records to paperless systems.
- 6. The majority of hospitals have chosen to use forms automation solutions, or eForms, as a means of introducing efficiency into their processes.
- 7. However, eSignature technology takes forms automation solutions to the next level.
- 8. eSignatures display hospital forms on an electronic device and allow the patient to sign them, eliminating the need for paper forms.
- 9. When the patient's signature is captured on the device, it's merged to the eForms, creating a legally signed document.
- 10. eSignatures also offer the benefit of reduced costs and enables the organization to spend more time focusing on patient care.