Presented by:Sudipta Pradhan and Aniruddha BoseMPE Batch 12
We harness the power of your own DNA to help you understand better about yourself and improve your health and wellness and lets you manage your lifestyle like never before !!
The Aspiration…“What is it that you really want to do? The real desire was to be able to create an impact. To create a big impact you have to look at how you actually affect people directly. When you are working merely on research side you are working as a sub contractor to the pharma companies. The process is long. So you are not directly impacting people. That was the main driver to start...”
Let us know her better…- She currently serves as a governing
board member at CSIR and also a governing board member at the NIBMG.
- A past President of the Hyderabad Chapter of the Entrepreneurs Organization and currently serves on the board of ABLE
- She was recently named a “Young Global Leader” by the World Economic Forum for its class of 2011
- In 2008, she was named Biospectrum “Entrepreneur of the Year” and was conferred the Astia Life Science Innovators Award
- She was selected by Red Herring Magazine to the list of “25 Tech Titans under 35″ in 2006.
- Her experience is backed by education at premier institutions such as the Indian Institute of Technology at Kharagpur, India (IIT) and University of Illinois where she has two Post Graduate degrees, in Physics and MIS
- Ms. Anuradha Acharya is the Founder & CEO of Mapmygenome based out of Hyderabad
Inception• In 2011, floated the idea to incubate
MapmyGenome in Ocium Bio.• 2012 saw the development of a new algorithm,
powered by the databases of GeneLogic, acquired by Ocium Bio
• In 2013, Ms. Anu left Ocium Bio to focus entirely on the self funded startup MapmyGenome.
• US firm 23&Me and FDA helped to create publicity. They didn’t have to spend on marketing
Background of the firm• Mapmygenome is a molecular
diagnostics company for people who are proactive about their health.• Their products provide insights into the
genetic basis about ourselves that include traits, drug responses, inherited conditions and diseases.• By combining genetic report and health
history with genetic counseling Mapmygenome provides actionable steps for individuals and their physicians towards a healthier life
Breakthrough Innovation - Janampatri to Genomepatri : The idea of ‘Gotra’• Genomepatri™ can be described either as a
scientifically validated horoscope for health or a personalized genomics profile.
• Genomepatri™ helps in analyzing an individual’s predisposition to certain diseases, risks that could occur from diet and lifestyle factors and drug responses.
• Genomepatri Procedures & Products are designed to provide analytical insights based on a questionnaire about family, health etc.
• Everybody will have 4 or 5 conditions that are not something to be worried about. Once you know about your conditions make sure you reduce your risk and manage it well.
Distribution• Tie ups with leading hospitals, wellness centers and
pathological labs• As many as 38 hospitals have tied up with them –
KIMS, Apollo Hospital, Manipal Hospital, Dr. Lal PathLabs
• Orders from Singapore and Malaysia• Arriving at the right price point ranging from tests for
Rs.1000 to Rs.25000• Accuracy of data output and predictability – “It’s a
predictive test and not diagnostic”• Further, they have tied up with Snapdeal,
healthKart.com Amazon, for a greater Online presence• An App has been developed on BB Platform
Sample Collection and your DNA• They collect saliva sample/blood sample and
extract DNA from it.• Data and Analytics: Generate large volumes
of genetic data from saliva.• Then use SNaPpyTm Technology to analyze
and find out interesting things about the person.• Genetic Counseling: Counseling sessions with
Genetic counselors help the person can make the most out of their report findings and health history.• Feedback and Next Steps: They give the
person actionable steps for healthier life. And they keep in touch too.• They work with some leading names in