2. Costa Rica occupies a privilegedspot in the heart of Central America.While its territory of 19,652 squaremiles touches both the CaribbeanSea and the Pacific Ocean, thecountry is surprisingly accessible-one can travel from coast to coastin just three hours by car (or 45minutes by plane).The Caribbean region of Costa Ricastands out for its variety of aquaticecosystems and its beautiful whiteand black sand beaches, providingan ideal setting for activities such assport fishing, snorkeling, and sunbathing. The Pacific coast con-centratesbig tourist centers and itsbeaches are very popular forsurfing, for example Esterillos, Jaco,Hermosa, Boca Barranca. In theGolfito region, near the MarinoBallena National Park, surfing fanscan find the famous "longlefthander wave."The 2012 World Bank Study for Global Gover-nanceIndicators ranks Costa Rica in the secondplace within Latin America for political stability.According to The Economist Inte-lligenceGuanacaste TreeUnit, San Jose is rankedas the 4th city in Latin Americawith the best quality oflife.It covers 0.03%of the planetssurface and has the privi-legeto be habitat of 5% ofthe world biodiversity with 25% ofits territory protected under differentconservation methods.There are 726 miles of coastline distributedthroughout the Pacific Ocean and the CaribbeanSea. Costa Rican beaches are surrounded byforests and have great natural diversity.
3. Our National ProjectsGuaria Morda
4. Costa Rica has around 25% of the national territory as national parks or naturalreserves. This is the reason why we have strong regulation and activities aroundpreserving our national resources, but we need more than that.Every day hundreds of trees are cut, poachers take our animals to sale it in theblack market and part of the population doesnt take actions to decrease theenvironment impact of our social activities.With this project, AIESEC joins national initiatives and contribute withinternational volunteers to improve our environment.Our PartnerIn this project the interns will work in four areas: Finca Loroco will be the first:working to improve the infrastructure and create awareness aboutarchaeological sites. The second will be Purisil, here our interns will havetrainings about green management and with this knowledge, work with kids.The third will be Tapant, a national park, where the interns will work insignposting and creating infrastructure. And the last one will be concerned withworking in San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica, on a campaign against the roadrunning over wildlife and hunting.Cola Blanca Deer
5. The multicultural experience give the opportunity to understand better ourworld. When you share your culture, traditions and knowledge you are creatingconnections between countries and this is the objective of this project: Createbounds between countries through experiences.In this project the volunteers will have the opportunity to work with different NGOs,making different activities such as:YigirroMarketing campaignsTeaching kids about their cultureImproving social projects of the NGOsWorking with disabled peopleHelping in nursery homes.
6. In this moment its clear languages are a key for success in theworld. As well, now just English its not enough, and justknowing the language neither - its necessary to understandthe culture. as well. In this moment we can have access to aninternational environment on the Internet and television butagain, its insufficient.With this project we will bring international young people toteach languages and culture in Costa Rica.In this projects volunteers will have the opportunity todevelop classes for people interested in learning otherlanguages. With no age restrictions, the challenge will beadapt the class for everyone having in mind there will bedifferent levels: from basic to medium.The languages we will focus on will be English, Portugueseand German.National Oxcart